Richard B.

French for Syria and her colonies

Post by Richard B. » 16 Nov 2019, 15:58

Vichy troops defending France`s honour in her colonies against the Allies

Elhiem Tropical French AT gun crew - the guy with the binos and Kepi in EWM
Same guys with the only gun I had to hand :D
Elhiem 81mm mortar & crew - the standing officer comes from the command pack
All gunners and mortar crew together
EWM Bir Hakiem FFL (these will probably do double duty with 6th Legion Regiment in Syria too)
Elhiem command pack - I couldn`t resist head-swapping one guy with a Raventhorpe Kepi
Two packs of infantry
all ten infantry together
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

CarlL

Re: French for Syria and her colonies

Post by CarlL » 17 Nov 2019, 10:37

Richard
Lovely figures and well painted and photo'd too.
I didnt realise Elhiem did these l;ovely figures till you posted them.
CarlL

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 17 Nov 2019, 11:16

CarlL wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 10:37
Richard
Lovely figures and well painted and photo'd too.
I didnt realise Elhiem did these l;ovely figures till you posted them.
CarlL
I have commissioned a few packs of Senegalese to compliment this range :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner » 02 Dec 2019, 20:24

Lovely work as usual, Richard! The Elheim Vichy figures have been on my wish list for several years now. Maybe some day...

David

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 02 Dec 2019, 20:28

I find it quite amazing no-one ever did them before :o

David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner » 02 Dec 2019, 20:47

Richard B. wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 20:28
Many years ago Vip Klykoom had me interested in possibly building some units for the Franco-Thai War, and shortly afterwards Bob Mackenzie posted a scenario for the Battle of Lang Son during the September 1940 Japanese invasion of Indochina. Not to mention the more obvious uses of them in North Africa and the Levant... So many wars, so little time (and money)... :(

David

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 02 Dec 2019, 21:35

David Reasoner wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 20:47
Richard B. wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 20:28
Many years ago Vip Klykoom had me interested in possibly building some units for the Franco-Thai War, and shortly afterwards Bob Mackenzie posted a scenario for the Battle of Lang Son during the September 1940 Japanese invasion of Indochina. Not to mention the more obvious uses of them in North Africa and the Levant... So many wars, so little time (and money)... :(

David
Vip wants me to start researching Madagascar :D to save him doing it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have two more Syria games written (well one being tinkered with) :)

Will probably try the French Counter Attack at Merdjayoun (Syria 16th/17th June 1941) over Christmas

I`ve also found a good article on the French defence at Faid, Tunisia (January 30th/31st 1943) so am writing that up at the moment, and that will probably be our second game :)

David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner » 02 Dec 2019, 22:22

Richard B. wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 21:35
Vip wants me to start researching Madagascar :D to save him doing it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have two more Syria games written (well one being tinkered with) :)

Will probably try the French Counter Attack at Merdjayoun (Syria 16th/17th June 1941) over Christmas

I`ve also found a good article on the French defence at Faid, Tunisia (January 30th/31st 1943) so am writing that up at the moment, and that will probably be our second game :)
Another internet friend of mine, Chris Mikucki, did a huge Madagascar game (The Battle of Antsirane) at Little Wars in Illinois in April or May 2013. I helped with providing some of the model vessels used and some bits of "harbor clutter" for the game. The scenario details are still posted on the CD-TOB forum, although good old Photobucket has now rendered his posted photos too blurry to be viewed. I also still have some info on file regarding the French land fortifications around Antsirane and Diego Suarez.

http://www.testofbattle.com/phpBB2/view ... f3b44ee8ef

http://www.testofbattle.com/phpBB2/view ... f3b44ee8ef

I look forward to seeing the Syrian and Tunisian scenarios you are working on. I always make a point of saving them and squirreling them away for my own future reference. :)

David

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 03 Dec 2019, 09:04

Thanks for the links, I`ll plow into it when I get time :D

Up to now we`ve run:

4 Syria/Lebanon games and i have 2 more written
3 for Operation Torch with another part finished
5 set in Tunisia with another 5 at least ready to go and maybe 6 others in various stages of edit/re-write :D

I also have 2 Mexican adventures part done :D

So if I ever finally retire, I`ll have plenty to be getting on with :ugeek:

cartfc

Post by cartfc » 04 Dec 2019, 15:35

Nice stuff Richard. Always interesting mix of figures.

Cheers Fred.