Truths, Untruths, and damned untruths (of sorts)

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
Richard B.

Re: Truths, Untruths, and damned untruths (of sorts)

Post by Richard B. » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:27 pm

magnification wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:35 pm
I post to answer criticism and questions if I think they need a response. So, in this thread, I have responded on the email hack issue I suffered, confusion and resolution over the MWD full name now and updated all about my postings elsewhere on the status of the SOTCW, e.g online presence only now. Surely, in the spirit of an open forum, I am entitled to do this and keep fellow posters up to date? Also, you just asked me why I keep posting..............

What have I missed now?

Mark
You are entitled to post here, but you have shown no interest in supporting the SOTCW, you are only pushing your own group, you refused point blank to share material you have gathered with the SOTCW unless the team caved in and gave you control.

Many, many times (despite begging and pleading) in the past you gave all sorts of excuses why you didn`t want to participate in any online forums - but here you are (again) - frankly, I`m a bit fed up of hearing from you :(

If you want to contribute, please do - post some photos of models or games, or an article or something related to to wargaming or military history - would make a nice change, as you`ve NOT posted or written anything for the SOTCW since the day I took over as editor from Rob Rowell all those years ago.........

i hope that clears things up for you.................

Richard
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:59 pm

bannockburn bhoy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:52 pm
I have to endorse Richard post here. After the way he has conducted himself here , towards the management team ,and society in general ,I am at a complete loss as to why he is being pandered to.

I would never advocate ANYONE be stuck off from the Society ,but I would say no more self promotion for him.
An article ,photo ,anything that contributes to the site fair enough, but nothing other than that.
Its like Turkeys voting for Christmas FFS.
With my admin hat on I have editted Jon`s post :D

Richard B.
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:55 pm

Its a fucking pity nobody censored his initial posts then we wouldn't have had to go through all that bollocks...I said nothing that was out of order ,its my view and should have been put on here . There was nothing contentious in it.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:35 am

bannockburn bhoy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Its a fucking pity nobody censored his initial posts then we wouldn't have had to go through all that bollocks...I said nothing that was out of order ,its my view and should have been put on here . There was nothing contentious in it.
Sorry Jon, I just felt this is going nowhere and didn`t want to inflame the situation any further :oops:

Mark has now been allowed his say, I have posted my opinion that enough is enough - as his new group has nothing to do with the SOTCW or this forum :D

He is welcome to post on other matters which contribute to the forum.

Obviously, the team can over-rule me, I am only admin here, the team has the final say

If I have offended you - I apologise, but there you go

I`m locking this thread at mid-day (12/07) unless the team has objections?

Richard B.

Russell Phillips

Post by Russell Phillips » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:40 am

No objections from me.
Russell Phillips
Shilka Publishing

ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:47 am

Dont lose the key !
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG