Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Discussion around early wars and conflicts including World War 1
Richard B.
Posts: 616
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 06:54

Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by Richard B. » 03 Jun 2019, 16:39

Last part of my Mexican project

Image
Image
Image

More photos over on the blog:
http://baberonwargames.blogspot.com/201 ... y-pt3.html
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

CarlL
Posts: 749
Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 20:53

Re: Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by CarlL » 03 Jun 2019, 19:11

Great photos and work, Richard.

I liked those motorbikes so much so I created a fictional Spanish Legion scout group around them!

I like your gun limber. The gun crew look like Jacklex but the limber like Tumbling dice horses?

The Ford T car from EWM is good but I found the Ford T from Frontline less fiddly. Great work.

The Irregular lorry is useful too.

CarlL

Richard B.
Posts: 616
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 06:54

Re: Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by Richard B. » 03 Jun 2019, 20:50

Cheers Carl

Gun and horse limber both Jacklex
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

David Reasoner
Posts: 65
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 07:18

Re: Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by David Reasoner » 03 Jun 2019, 20:56

Another very nice and very different collection. If I might indulge in a sad bit of pedantry, the little Vickers-Maxim M1902 mountain gun was actually a 2.95" (75mm) piece, not 2.75". A relic of my late grandfather's time in the U.S. Field Artillery during the 1920's, although I think he served mostly on the French 75mm M1897 field gun. Indeed, it was an accident involving a "French 75" that ended his military service and left him permanently disabled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QF_2.95-inch_mountain_gun

David

Richard B.
Posts: 616
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 06:54

Re: Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by Richard B. » 03 Jun 2019, 21:16

David Reasoner wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 20:56
Another very nice and very different collection. If I might indulge in a sad bit of pedantry, the little Vickers-Maxim M1902 mountain gun was actually a 2.95" (75mm) piece, not 2.75". A relic of my late grandfather's time in the U.S. Field Artillery during the 1920's, although I think he served mostly on the French 75mm M1897 field gun. Indeed, it was an accident involving a "French 75" that ended his military service and left him permanently disabled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QF_2.95-inch_mountain_gun

David
You know I knew that, I miss-typed :? It is after all your gun :D

I have some wonderful photos somewhere, stills from a film reel showing how far it jumped with recoil - pretty scary :shock:

Pershing`s force artillery (6th Artillery regiment) had Erhardt 7.7cm guns in Mexico :ugeek:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

David Reasoner
Posts: 65
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 07:18

Re: Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by David Reasoner » 03 Jun 2019, 22:00

Richard B. wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 21:16
I have some wonderful photos somewhere, stills from a film reel showing how far it jumped with recoil - pretty scary :shock:
Probably similar to these, taken from a period photo album. Unfortunately not my grandfather's, but of the same era. I found these online many years ago:

Image

Image

Image

David

bannockburn bhoy
Posts: 444
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 07:07
Location: Glasgow

Re: Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by bannockburn bhoy » 04 Jun 2019, 02:41

I have a faint recollection of seeing a photograph of Patton riding about with a motorcycle with a MG mounted on it. Was he part of this unit.

Richard B.
Posts: 616
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 06:54

Re: Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by Richard B. » 04 Jun 2019, 06:24

bannockburn bhoy wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 02:41
I have a faint recollection of seeing a photograph of Patton riding about with a motorcycle with a MG mounted on it. Was he part of this unit.
Patton did indeed serve with Pershing`s command :)

Killed a notable officer of Villa`s - Julio Acosta in a gun battle too, got to keep Acosta`s silver mounted saddle as a reward :D

I`ve never seen any period photos of Patton (except in uniform dress), but that doesn`t mean there arn`t any :)
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

Richard B.
Posts: 616
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 06:54

Re: Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by Richard B. » 04 Jun 2019, 06:25

David Reasoner wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 22:00
Richard B. wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 21:16
I have some wonderful photos somewhere, stills from a film reel showing how far it jumped with recoil - pretty scary :shock:
Probably similar to these, taken from a period photo album. Unfortunately not my grandfather's, but of the same era. I found these online many years ago:

Image

Image

Image

David
Unfortunately, i can`t see the images :(
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

David Reasoner
Posts: 65
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 07:18

Re: Mexican Revolution Inventory pt3 Pershing`s Yanks

Post by David Reasoner » 04 Jun 2019, 16:59

Richard B. wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 06:25
Unfortunately, i can`t see the images :(
No idea why not. They are working fine for me. Anyone else having problems seeing them?

David

Post Reply