Roads - NOT for sensitive modllerls ;-)

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
UshCha

Re: Roads - NOT for sensitive modllerls ;-)

Post by UshCha » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:29 pm

Carl,I'm bit confused (but that is perhaps normal for me). The first link shows my current attempt a 50mm wide road with hedges on both sides and across the middle. The second two links show my roads sans the green edge shown in the first link. Not botherd by a line down the middle and a grey similar to the roads in the second two links would be fine.

Gegarding us what we need to do is turn you to the dark side with card buildings,roads and hills. For modllers we could provide the basic design so you could paint your own. posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=728#

UshCha

Post by UshCha » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Carl,I'm bit confused (but that is perhaps normal for me). The first link shows my current attempt a 50mm wide road with hedges on both sides and across the middle. The second two links show my roads sans the green edge shown in the first link. Not botherd by a line down the middle and a grey similar to the roads in the second two links would be fine.

Regarding us what we need to do is turn you to the dark side with card buildings,roads and hills. For modllers we could provide the basic design so you could paint your own. posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=728#

PS How do I get smiles up?

UshCha

Post by UshCha » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:50 am

Sorry for the delay, here is the first (not ideal attempt) at of the new "hedged roads" in an actual game. Note these are really the record photos for the next installment of this ongoing game, so are not posed in any way.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56805875@ ... ed-public/

Photo of road system generally. Note there are a number of un-hedged pieces as I have not produced sufficient to cover the current required area at this time. If you look closely on the left hand side you can see how the curved hedge round one end is overlayed by the strait edge of the next pice to crudely create a curve, that would not be possible without the curved end.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56805875@ ... ed-public/
Close up view with a breach of the hedge marked by an additional piece of card.

Well the verdict is clear. While artisticaly they lack merit, as a playing aid the hedhed roads are far better, they clearly remind players that the road is hedged so improved the game no end and allowed simple and equally importantly quick set up. Marking marking of breaches in the hedge are clear and simple. An artistic improvement would be a great advance as can clearly be seen. However it is the way forward.

CarlL

Post by CarlL » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Ushcha,

good to see you are pleased with your design.

If you scan one long and one or more shorter ones onto an A4 sheet (thinking white A4 sheet over laying the road designs face down on your scanner) then this could make a great template I could print and add on some interpretation and scan back to you to see if you like them? If any good you could print onto card (may be heavy on colour ink?) Or simply discard if not your cuppa!! The image rights would be yours as you are providing basic templare and I would just try to give you some variations to play with (and gift my add on).
Hopefully have a go for you earlyish next week. Not to worry if you cant get them to me before then. My next free time would be last few days in March.
Never sure how best to share a personal email address on a public forum? Anyone remind me how to share mine to Ushcha without committing Ushcha to same?

CarlL

UshCha

Post by UshCha » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 pm

CarL I have sent you a private message with my email. If you reply to me via rmail I will get your contact.

Cheers Brian

granty101

Post by granty101 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:44 pm

CarlL wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:04 pm
Never sure how best to share a personal email address on a public forum?
CarlL
And once again, this is why I get a carers allowance for looking after him!!! :lol:

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!