Ideas for scenarios.

Conflicts and wars from the end of the Second World War to the end of the 20th century.
MrCreak

Ideas for scenarios.

Post by MrCreak » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:29 am

Possibly somewhat later than the rest of the world (in that I don't have a TV per se - I do own one, but it's not connected to an aerial so I only get to watch DVDs and *cough* downloaded stuff - but no licence fee!).
I'm currently catching up on The Last Post (shown on BBC October/ November 2017): a drama series (i.e. it's as much about the wives as it is the troops), centred around a British MP unit in Aden in the mid/ late 196os and the increasing threat from pan-Arab nationalists.
Just watched episode 2 (an SAS snatch team get wiped out).
Episode 1 had a flypast by a Vulcan (in anti-flash white), a line up of Lightnings (F2?) at the airfield and a Wessex clattering off somewhere. (The title sequence is contemporary footage that actually has a Belvedere in operation).
And all the Brits with wooden-furniture SLRs or Sterlings.

bannockburn bhoy

Re: Ideas for scenarios.

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:33 pm

worth watching to see the Belvedere in action,thanks for posting cheers John

hammurabi70

Re: Ideas for scenarios.

Post by hammurabi70 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:43 pm

MrCreak wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:29 am
Possibly somewhat later than the rest of the world (in that I don't have a TV per se - I do own one, but it's not connected to an aerial so I only get to watch DVDs and *cough* downloaded stuff - but no licence fee!).
A modern man! :lol: I do not now, nor have I ever, owned a TV.

I had the impression that such programmes were "entertainment" and of doubtful utility to wargamers; films get quite enough criticism as it is. :roll:
If you are such a great writer make me want to logon and respond! [Adapted]