introducing myself

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
ITALWARS

introducing myself

Post by ITALWARS » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:21 pm

Hello
i'm a brand new menber to this forum..thanks to have been accepted. It 's many years that i was following with great interest your postings.
I'm Italian , i'm a wargamer. Among other periods my favourite ones are the so called "side show" ...so in 1:72/20mm i collect and play WW1 in Africa, 1935 and WW2 East Africa, WW1 Italian Alpine Front, late NWF, Rhodesia in Seventies ecc..i've vg paper and now digital sources including rare/unpublished ones on everything Italian above all Colonies and i'll be happy to help with any info/sources needed. As my nickname suggest i'm the man behind the Italwars Miniatures Range (Conquest of Ethiopia, WW1 East Africa, Russian Front , Italian RSI in 1:72 metal) that , one day in the near future, i hope to let march again.
thanks again
Pier from sunny/hot almost Colonial Rome

bannockburn bhoy

Re: introducing myself

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi welcome it would be good if in due course you could post pictures of your kit on here ,all the best John

Ian Shaw

Post by Ian Shaw » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Moaning
Anything bigger than 6 is TOOOO big.

CarlL

Post by CarlL » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Welcome Pier, aka ITALWARS.

You have interesting historical periods in your sights and your research. There must be an article or two there for the Journal, from straight history to gaming or modelling ideas.

And you are into a popular modelling scale too.

Do you have any favourite figures (or manufacturers) for Italian colonial army in Libya in early 20th century? Or for Somalia in similar period.

Sadly I was not aware of your metal figures range but (I shall google them and) 20mm Italians for Ethiopian conflict of 1930s would be interesting, although I think the Italian Army of 1895 period may be more my style (in sense of a period when the colonising Europeans didnt get it all their own way). (Probably why Rif War of this period and Libyan resistance in this period appeals to my historical interests?!)

CarlL

CarlL

Post by CarlL » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Ah googling was dismaying. All the hits seemed to be about the ranges no longer being available and your health problems Pier!

Hope you are well, or better, and that your models will be available again. It would be fun to see you post photos of your figures (and a free bit of advertising) and think about their uses in those campaigns you noted. And hear about your plans for the future too. (Assuming your health has given you some energy to do such thinking rather than consuming your energies just keeping going.)

All the best to you.
CarlL

sandsmodels

Post by sandsmodels » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

welcome to the club
sandsmodelshop.com