Turkish Movie Dag II

Conflicts and wars in the 21st century.
Richard B.

Turkish Movie Dag II

Post by Richard B. » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Mountain II (Dag II) is one Sky Premier now under the title Brothers in Arms Inturkish and kurdish with subtitles

Watched it this afternoon and you all know i have little interest in ultra modern warfare, but hey a war movie is a war movie right?

A team of Turkish special forces is sent into Northern Iraq/Kurdistan to rescue a female photo journalist captured by ISIS.

The film flicks back and fore giving you insight into the characters and the units training, the combat is violent and bloody, the acting pretty good.

I won`t spoil the movie, but lets just say the unit is caught between their mission and their conciences.

The final battle is very "Private Ryan", but if you look past that it is actually a better film than SPR in my opinion.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5813916/
Anyway highly recommended :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

CarlL

Re: Turkish Movie Dag II

Post by CarlL » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Thanks for mini review Richard, and bringing it to the attention of us non tv watchers! I do like a good film though.

CarlL

granty101

Post by granty101 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:20 am

CarlL wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:58 pm
Thanks for mini review Richard, and bringing it to the attention of us non tv watchers! I do like a good film though.

CarlL
Carl, is it true your first television set was a steam powered one?? :lol:

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:00 am

Might have known a "female" would be at the centre of things Richard :D :D :D

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:47 am

bannockburn bhoy wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:00 am
Might have known a "female" would be at the centre of things Richard :D :D :D
Purely as a damsel in distress in this instance, though both female characters are solid and well written/acted ;)

I happen to like girls anyway :lol:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

hammurabi70

Post by hammurabi70 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Richard B. wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 pm
The final battle is very "Private Ryan", but if you look past that it is actually a better film than SPR in my opinion.
Interesting in that I watched it yesterday but thought it a bit formulaic and rated it below SPR. I would have said there are some serious plot deficiencies that are there only for the sake of the story.
If you are such a great writer make me want to logon and respond! [Adapted]

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 pm

hammurabi70 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:08 pm
Richard B. wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 pm
Interesting in that I watched it yesterday but thought it a bit formulaic and rated it below SPR. I would have said there are some serious plot deficiencies that are there only for the sake of the story.
This type of movie always end up trying to be Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven so yes formulaic.

However, i actually found myself invested and actually caring for the characters in this one (i didn`t care a jot in SPR) Maybe because this movie wasn`t about the Yank winning WW2 all by themselves?? :)