A new book

Discussion around the Second World War.
Rumblestrip

A new book

Post by Rumblestrip » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:36 pm

All
After many trials (I cannot tell you how tedious it has been) getting my second book ready for publishing, it is now done.

It is called 'Barbarossa - Kicking in the Door...' and is a campaign system for the first 3 months of Operation Barbarossa. It takes four Pz Divisions as representatives of the German assault and plots progress through the main axes of advance. It's designed for rules where a single base equals a platoon and generates about 50 battles and 150 hours of gaming. It's mainly designed for several sessions with two teams of four but could be undertaken by two gamers with some stamina (or even solo, I suppose, if you're completely bonkers). There are options in there to reduce the time taken and/or the scope of the representation and even a very simple set of rules to do each battle in about half an hour. The system itself is an expansion of the one I used for March on Madrid and Drive on Smolensk (both published in the Journal). They in turn are derivatives of Martin Rapier's Race to Leningrad.

I'll ask Russ to put a discount code in the members only section and then you can get it for something like £2.76 as a PDF or about £7 as a hardcopy. If you buy it and enjoy it please consider posting a review on WV. Be aware that if you use the special discount code, it'll put the thing directly into your basket on the site.

This is the non discounted link so you can see the blurb.
http://www.wargamevault.com/product/241 ... n-the-Door
Now, anyone fancy a week long SOTCW get together to play it? :)

Cheers
Andrew
¡Vencerán…pero no convencerán!

CarlL

Re: A new book

Post by CarlL » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Sounds one to follow up and buy!
But what does folowing mean
"Be aware that if you use the special discount code, it'll put the thing directly into your basket on the site."
Not sure what basket? Is this argam,es Vault basket?

CarlL

Rumblestrip

Post by Rumblestrip » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 pm

That's right. i just wanted to warn people that, as I remember, if you click on the discount link then you will be taken directly to a WV shopping basket with the book in it. If you look at it and decide you don't want it but buy sthg else instead then you need to delete the copy of my book from your trolley before you check out. Basically the discount codes don't take you to a browsing, read the blurb section but straight to purchase.

Andrew

Rumblestrip

Post by Rumblestrip » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 am

All
Russ informs me that the relevant discount codes are now in the members' section of the website and, having checked, he is indeed correct!
My thanks to Russ for making the magic webby stuff happen. I am naturally gifted, technically, y'know.

Cheers
Andrew

CarlL

Post by CarlL » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Any idea what the shipping is for the printed version?
Is it being shipped from USA?
This wasnt clear from visiting VW via members area.

I prefer printed version, but P&P ? shipping may be prohibitive?

I bought pdf version of your earlier work, "Grey Steel, Red Storm" but I dont reach for pdfs on my pc like I browse and reach for my books off the bookshelf! So poor pdf has got neglected!
CarlL

Rumblestrip

Post by Rumblestrip » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:15 pm

A single hard copy tends to be around a fiver. If you prefer hard copies you might want consider buying one of the first book at the same time, as the postage ends up about the same as for one book.

They're printed in Milton Keynes.

With the discount codes for both i think you could get them for around £19 incl p&p.

I have to buy one hard copy as a proof. When I did it for the first book it was about £5.50 p&p. I then bought ten together,to sell at conventions, and the p&p was about £7 for all of them.

You can check actual figures by keeping on pressing proceed until just before you pay - eventually the final cost shows up before you've been charged anything.

Cheers

Andrew

granty101

Post by granty101 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:18 am

CarlL wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 pm

I bought pdf version of your earlier work, "Grey Steel, Red Storm" but I dont reach for pdfs on my pc like I browse and reach for my books off the bookshelf! So poor pdf has got neglected!
I'm with you on this one Carl. Nothing like holding a 'physical' copy of a book, as opposed to reading a PDF on a screen.

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

CarlL

Post by CarlL » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Cheers Andrew, very helpful.
CarlL

Phil_Gray_260

Post by Phil_Gray_260 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Another book?

On Barbarossa specifically?

My god you know how to a chap in his weak spot don't you...

:D

Its on my to get list.

Rumblestrip

Post by Rumblestrip » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:59 am

Phil_Gray_260 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:59 pm
Another book?

On Barbarossa specifically?

My god you know how to a chap in his weak spot don't you...

:D

Its on my to get list.
I have no respect for people's wallets!
Cheers
Andrew