Wombat and Landrover conversion

Conflicts and wars from the end of the Second World War to the end of the 20th century.
dadlamassu

Wombat and Landrover conversion

Post by dadlamassu » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 am

Our oldest grandson saw a photo of me in my early days in the army. I was posed with my team after winning a shooting competition. This led to a discussion about what else I had fired. You should have seen the faces of the wee ones when I said that I had fired Wombats at tanks. They thought I was loading furry animals into my guns and firing them.

So I showed them a photo of the 120mm Wombat and Landrover. Then I went to the stash and found a JB 3/4 ton Landrover and with some scrap sprue and bits from the bits box last night I made one. I made the gun using trailer wheels but once made found that I had not measured correctly and it did not fit so I made a "plug in" gun too. I have other trailers for ammo just in case. Oddly the photo implies the gun barrels are different diameters but they are actually the same.

Alan
[url]http://www.morvalearth.co.uk/[/url]

Richard B.

Re: Wombat and Landrover conversion

Post by Richard B. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:52 am

Love those Alan - spot on mate :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908