My 10mm World War II Project

A place for your pictures and tips
cartfc
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:05 am

Re: My 10mm World War II Project

Post by cartfc » Tue May 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Very nice. Particularly the Jagdpanzers.

CarlL
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: My 10mm World War II Project

Post by CarlL » Tue May 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Andy alias Womble67,

Project? More like projects as you keep adding to your 10mm collection, and very lovely paint job and basing too. What did you make your smoke markers from? Or are these resin or foam ones you have painted? They are effective whatever their sources.

Well enjoy this 10mm project, thats looking more like a mega project. 10mm do have their own place with detail yet size of model allowing the table to be a bigger game area. If I had not already devoted so much to my 6mm and 20mm projects I may have expanded my 10mm beyond their small project I did in Hungarians and Soviets.

Well done Andy, keep posting I never tire of gazing at lovely painted figures and AFVs. I suppose their must be a cure for this affliction!

CarlL

womble67
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm
Location: Grimsby

Re: My 10mm World War II Project

Post by womble67 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 am

cartfc wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:51 pm
Very nice. Particularly the Jagdpanzers.
Thank you

Take care

Andy

womble67
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm
Location: Grimsby

Re: My 10mm World War II Project

Post by womble67 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:04 am

CarlL wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:36 pm
Andy alias Womble67,

Project? More like projects as you keep adding to your 10mm collection, and very lovely paint job and basing too. What did you make your smoke markers from? Or are these resin or foam ones you have painted? They are effective whatever their sources.

Well enjoy this 10mm project, thats looking more like a mega project. 10mm do have their own place with detail yet size of model allowing the table to be a bigger game area. If I had not already devoted so much to my 6mm and 20mm projects I may have expanded my 10mm beyond their small project I did in Hungarians and Soviets.

Well done Andy, keep posting I never tire of gazing at lovely painted figures and AFVs. I suppose their must be a cure for this affliction!

CarlL
Thank you very much indeed CarlL

It's certainly a mega project alright I don't think it'll ever be finished but hey that's part of the fun.

I've just done a blog post for them Making Smoke Markers & Damage Markers

Take care

Andy

CarlL
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: My 10mm World War II Project

Post by CarlL » Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 pm

I see you used Lancer's smoke / blast markers. I assume they are resin models?

CarlL

womble67
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm
Location: Grimsby

Re: My 10mm World War II Project

Post by womble67 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:44 am

CarlL wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 pm
I see you used Lancer's smoke / blast markers. I assume they are resin models?

CarlL

Yeah I certainly did I think they look really good

Take care

Andy

womble67
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm
Location: Grimsby

Re: My 10mm World War II Project

Post by womble67 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:45 am

Hi all

Early war regimental command

Image

Early war Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33B, 4 x Infantry with anti-tank rifles and 2 x 50mm PaK 38 anti-tank guns

Image

Early war Panzer Division with Panzer IIs, Panzer IIIs, Panzer IVs and a supply and repair company

Image

1943 onwards, Sd.Kfz. 251/22 Fitted with a 75 mm PaK 40 anti-tank gun

Image

The Brick Works, I made this up using a Heljan N gauge kit and a kiln I managed to buy from eBay.

Image

For more pictures check out 10mm World War II Project

As always, comments are appreciated.

Take care

Andy

CarlL
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: My 10mm World War II Project

Post by CarlL » Thu May 24, 2018 7:50 pm

As ever your AFV collection grows beautifully!
And the brick works looks great!
CarlL

womble67
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm
Location: Grimsby

Re: My 10mm World War II Project

Post by womble67 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:01 pm

CarlL wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:50 pm
As ever your AFV collection grows beautifully!
And the brick works looks great!
CarlL
Thank you very much CarlL

Unfortunately I was unable to get any pictures of the Stalingrad brickworks so it's all guesswork

Take care

Andy

Post Reply