more Izba for eastern Front

A place for your pictures and tips
CarlL

more Izba for eastern Front

Post by CarlL »

OK, I have a small collection of eastern front WW2 rural buildings (but any could be used for WW1, or Russian Civil War or modern wars in the former USSR republics) and I decided to start adding to them: these two BLOTZ mdf 20mm kits are excellent izba for my Russian rural villages, and the animal sty is theirs too, but I found this less successful as a model. I dry brushed all a light grey before assembly! I added a bit of colour to some of the separate window frames but not all. One house has a window shutter that slipped in glueing stage and I didnt spot it but I left it as it looked like a place needing some TLC!! All came with internal bases but I decided to stick mine to larger bases (made of scraps of hardboard) in order to protect the models when in use on games table and possibly being mishandled. (I finished bases with cheap filler, then a pva and sand mix ove rthat when filler was dry and then paint.) Both houses (which I think equate to BLOTZ's house 1 and 2 in their Russian range) come with lift off roofs which are great.
In future I may build more home made Russian izbas to get the look of poor mans home that last photo from Tsarist times depicts. Sorry I have lost source fo this last image.
CarlL

Richard B.

Re: more Izba for eastern Front

Post by Richard B. »

Nice work, I like the pigpen :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 16:10
In future I may build more home made Russian izbas to get the look of poor mans home that last photo from Tsarist times depicts. Image
I had to have a double take there Carl...I thought that was your new homestead in Whitby!! :o ... :lol:

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 »

Far too posh for Whitby !!
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG

granty101

Post by granty101 »

ianrs54 wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 09:04
Far too posh for Whitby !!
;)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!