You are not logged in.

#1 29-Sep-2017 08:10:14

Russell Phillips
root
Website

Journal 94 now out

Journal 94 is on its way to subscribers. If you bought the PDF, you'll either get it by email or you'll be able to download it from Wargame Vault, Gumroad, or the members-only page of the website. The paper copies were posted yesterday.

Russell Phillips

Shilka Publishing
20% discount for SOTCW members - see The Journal for details

#2 29-Sep-2017 08:42:01

ianrs54
Brigadier
Website

Re: Journal 94 now out

What took so long smile

Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG

#3 29-Sep-2017 09:29:41

MrCreak
Staff Sergeant

Just had a quick skim through. As usual: excellent work.

#4 29-Sep-2017 13:02:20

bannockburn bhoy
General

Thanks again to all you guys for another excellent edition..   

I know its late in the day for proposing ideas ,actually I dont even know if its technically possible, so a proposal/question.      With regard to the lack of submitted material , I think a considerable part of the problem stems from an out of site out of mind mentality when it comes to this.( myself included)         Somebody else will do it etc, is there any way if when people log on to the forum or into the Society the first thing they see is an approximation of how much material is needed for another edition and how much material the editorial team has received. Say... need 40 pages.. got 10 , for example or similar.   That way its there for forum members at least to be fully aware of exactly how things stand.     No excuses and perhaps this physical in your face reality will prompt members to contribute. Its use it or lose it time, for all of us. Its just an idea.   For a time when I was working for a local authority as a District Surveyor there was a historic backlog of over 200 outstanding inspections. All neatly filed away , upon taking up the post I dug them all out and put them on a communal desk and within a couple of months they had been dealt with . Maybe putting on display what we have or more to the point don't have ,might do the trick.  cheers  John   

Possibly put in the names of contributors to date or last contributor.

Last edited by bannockburn bhoy (29-Sep-2017 13:24:42)

#5 29-Sep-2017 15:23:56

Richard B.

Well done guys smile

"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

#6 29-Sep-2017 18:47:55

Russell Phillips
root
Website

bannockburn bhoy wrote:

I know its late in the day for proposing ideas ,actually I dont even know if its technically possible, so a proposal/question.

It's an interesting idea. My focus right now is on preparing files to offer Sub 15's Journals as print-on-demand, but I've made a note of it and will look at it properly later.

Russell Phillips

Shilka Publishing

#7 29-Sep-2017 21:36:13

bannockburn bhoy
General

Its not lost on me Russell ,that hand in hand with this , for it to be put in place and maintained ,your workload would be  added to accordingly. I didn't mention that , not because i'm unappreciative ,but because I had no idea how it would be received. If it had been deemed worthy of further consideration ,I would have broached it then.
I think its got a chance of being an incentive, but as with everything else Journal related , it falls on you guys.
The idea is to try and ease the burden not pointlessly add to it. I don't think it would take long to determine if it was having a positive effect or not.   again thanks and cheers for now.  John

#8 01-Oct-2017 23:37:15

panzerman44
Brigadier

Look forward to it, many thanx!

Nicht Kleckern sondern Klotzen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVFCLq664Oc
"We're playing a wargame not making a documentary." The Cardinal's 3rd Maxim

#9 03-Oct-2017 10:28:10

Russell Phillips
root
Website

bannockburn bhoy wrote:

I think its got a chance of being an incentive, but as with everything else Journal related , it falls on you guys.

It's worth a try. Whenever you're logged in, you should see a message at the top and bottom of the page telling you how many pages we've received and how many more we need to fill a Journal.

Russell Phillips

Shilka Publishing

#10 03-Oct-2017 11:53:47

ianrs54
Brigadier
Website

no pressure then ?

Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG

#11 03-Oct-2017 13:23:32

MrCreak
Staff Sergeant

Russell Phillips wrote:

It's worth a try. Whenever you're logged in, you should see a message at the top and bottom of the page telling you how many pages we've received and how many more we need to fill a Journal.

Nice idea - and a good "reminder" to get off my/ our arses and write something.

#12 03-Oct-2017 17:27:46

bannockburn bhoy
General

ianrs54 wrote:

no pressure then ?

I think under the circumstances were all due (who haven't contributed) to be put under some pressure. 
  Were very close to losing the whole set up ,so this is a last stand move as far as I can see. 

Its there in RED for everyone to see now ,so if there is no response then we simply don't want to have a future    Society..
If one in five members of the forum contributed one useable page per month that would be enough. if we all did then the problem would no longer exist , and the people that give of their time and trouble would have a much easier time of it.

I like the society , I like the people on here (Not you Ian ) ( or you Gringo )I would miss it if it was gone ,lets not let it go ...please

Last edited by bannockburn bhoy (03-Oct-2017 17:33:31)

Board footer