You are not logged in.

#1 21-Jul-2017 20:32:01

bannockburn bhoy
General

V2

I picked up a Condor kit of a V2 and launcher 1/69 ??!! scale , and a  1 /72 Revell kit of a V2 and launcher , box art on both kits the same ,models are the same scale. I didn't know these had ever been about ,V happy , big shiny rockets.   cheers  John

#2 22-Jul-2017 06:45:08

granty101
Lieutenant General

Re: V2

Hello John, I have the Revell kit of the V2 with it's transport trailer, and I did have a Condor kit of a V2 as well (but not sure were it has gone hmm )

Condor also did a range of (plastic) German missiles and rockets, but not sure if they are still in production or available, but Modelcollect are now doing a plastic V1 and launch ramp as a kit, and also as a 'ready made' model.

Grant

Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

#3 22-Jul-2017 13:21:36

bannockburn bhoy
General

I saw that Grant ,the Modelcollect V1 ,Armageddon Kits did a V1 Launch set that im looking out for. Gringo Gary probably has two of them . Thanks for the heads up though. cheers  John

#4 22-Jul-2017 17:31:56

Gary
Brigadier

No I haven't......... No WW2 missiles at all.....but I do have a new Topol SS-25 from China......

Last edited by Gary (22-Jul-2017 17:32:22)

"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes"

"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."

#5 23-Jul-2017 12:07:10

granty101
Lieutenant General

bannockburn bhoy wrote:

I saw that Grant ,the Modelcollect V1 ,Armageddon Kits did a V1 Launch set that im looking out for. Gringo Gary probably has two of them . Thanks for the heads up though. cheers  John

John, if I ever see one as I trawl around model shows and toyfairs/swapmeets, do you want me to get you one??? (But I know they are as rare as an original CarlL joke wink )

Grant

P.S. I have the Armageddon BP42 German Armoured Train, and the extra 'add on' set of carriages in the model kit stash.

#6 25-Jul-2017 17:08:21

bannockburn bhoy
General

Grant   thanks for the offer ,I really appreciate it ,but I will just pick away and see what happens. I do envy you the armoured train though. As soon as I discovered the V2 kit and subsequently the V1 set ,I looked to see what else there had been , and the train and all its add on came up. so Chapeau to you for acquiring that one ,cheers Grant and all the best ,I think a pay rise from CarlL is long overdue.  smile  smile

#7 26-Jul-2017 05:26:59

granty101
Lieutenant General

John, if I do see the Armageddon V1 set, I think I'll buy it for myself, but if I see two, I'll get them both!! lol

As for CarlL paying me: he doesn't pay me!!! mad I'm still awaiting the back dated careers allowance from him!! lol

Grant

#8 26-Jul-2017 13:01:09

bannockburn bhoy
General

Grant looking at the V1 set ,now that Modelcollect do the V1 and launcher , it wouldn't take a whole lot to model something similar to the commercial  set. cheers John

#9 26-Jul-2017 13:40:08

sandsmodels
Lieutenant Colonel
Website

was the old v2 model done by another firm?
something like eadi or gripper?

sandsmodelshop.com

#10 26-Jul-2017 15:30:02

dadlamassu
Major General
Website

sandsmodels wrote:

It was.  A very simplified kit.  I have the remnants of a set that belonged to my brother just the rocket, trailer and launchpad left unfortunately.  I have been looking for a replacement for years.

eidaiv2.jpg

IMG_1704.JPG

I do have a "Secret German Strongpoint" still boxed!

EIDAI_base_BA.JPG

#11 26-Jul-2017 16:25:02

Gary
Brigadier

That secret strong point is great........it featured heavily in a lot of games back in the day.......Russian Front,D-Day,even in the Pacific and Vietnam!

I did see a 'Lamb Chop Hill' at Salute that was very reminiscent of the bunker.......made from polyurethane foam, trenches and bunkers cut into the top and sides with more bunkers deep in the hill itself............

Last edited by Gary (26-Jul-2017 16:29:27)

"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes"

"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."

#12 27-Jul-2017 05:07:11

granty101
Lieutenant General

bannockburn bhoy wrote:

Grant looking at the V1 set ,now that Modelcollect do the V1 and launcher , it wouldn't take a whole lot to model something similar to the commercial  set. cheers John

John, the only problem with the Modelcollect V1 set, (either the model kit or the ready made version), is the launch ramp isn't anywhere near to scale length...but if you want one just for gaming purposes, modellers license can be applied, unless you buy two sets and do a bit of scratch building to lengthen and heighten the launch ramp.

Grant

#13 27-Jul-2017 14:07:45

bannockburn bhoy
General

dadlamassu wrote:
sandsmodels wrote:

It was.  A very simplified kit.  I have the remnants of a set that belonged to my brother just the rocket, trailer and launchpad left unfortunately.  I have been looking for a replacement for years.

http://www.postwarv2.com/modelkits/eidaiv2.jpg

http://modelstories.free.fr/analyses/av … G_1704.JPG

I do have a "Secret German Strongpoint" still boxed!

http://modelstories.free.fr/analyses/av … ase_BA.JPG

Alan   Have wife , forty years on the clock but plenty of life left in the engine, upholstery like new ,nice paint job ....willing to swap for German Secret Strong Point....no offers.    cheers  John

#14 27-Jul-2017 16:24:00

dadlamassu
Major General
Website

bannockburn bhoy wrote:

Alan   Have wife , forty years on the clock but plenty of life left in the engine, upholstery like new ,nice paint job ....willing to swap for German Secret Strong Point....no offers.    cheers  John

John, I have one of those, an older model that needs a lot of maintenance. 
Alan

#15 27-Jul-2017 16:47:35

bannockburn bhoy
General

Is that a no then Alan!

#16 27-Jul-2017 18:39:29

granty101
Lieutenant General

bannockburn bhoy wrote:

John, you'll need a secret strongpoint to hide out in if your lass ever finds out you're trying to off-load her!!! lol

Grant

#17 27-Jul-2017 18:52:50

bannockburn bhoy
General

smile  smile  smile

#18 04-Aug-2017 09:47:07

bannockburn bhoy
General

granty101 wrote:
bannockburn bhoy wrote:

John, the only problem with the Modelcollect V1 set, (either the model kit or the ready made version), is the launch ramp isn't anywhere near to scale length...but if you want one just for gaming purposes, modellers license can be applied, unless you buy two sets and do a bit of scratch building to lengthen and heighten the launch ramp.

Grant

Hi Grant Sorry missed this. I take your point , but im not fanatical about these things ,as long as its not silly ,and is representative, for a one off im happy to go with it.   cheers John

#19 04-Aug-2017 14:01:20

granty101
Lieutenant General

bannockburn bhoy wrote:
granty101 wrote:
bannockburn bhoy wrote:

Grant

Hi Grant Sorry missed this. I take your point , but im not fanatical about these things ,as long as its not silly ,and is representative, for a one off im happy to go with it.   cheers John

Hi John, for gaming purposes, what you get in the ready made model will be fine, but if you're wanting a scale model (scale length launch ramp), you'll need either two plastic kits or two ready made models, and do some 'tweaking' to them.

Grant

Board footer