You are not logged in.

#1 12-Dec-2016 12:04:33

freewargamesrules
Administrator
Website

Reviews Wanted

I only have enough reviews to cover me up to Journal 91.

If you buy any models, figures, terrain, books or rules that cover our period then please send me a short review. You can included photos if you want but that is not obligatory.

Send your reviews to me by clicking the email link to the left of this post or to the email address on the contents page of the current Journal.

Pete Jones
-----------------
Editor/Webmaster
SOTCW 00533

#2 12-Dec-2016 12:06:14

Richard B.

Re: Reviews Wanted

Did I send you some yesterday?

"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

#3 24-Jun-2017 18:45:18

Richard B.

Well that`s 4 book reviews and reviews of the new S&S Mediterranean buildings off to Pete - not a bad days work wink

"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

#4 24-Jun-2017 22:29:22

cartfc
Captain

Reviews are becoming less relevant with widespread Internet access. Even the monthly glossies are too infrequent to get the scoop on anything now. Details are up on sites like TMP within hours of something being announced and within a couple of days there is a YouTube video of someone reviewing them and for kits even building them. What I do find useful are the WSS type roundup of what is out there for a given force in all the various scales. It has useful information like how comprehensive the range is, and how they compare with others in that figure size. It enables you to choose what you can mix and match.

#5 24-Jun-2017 22:30:26

cartfc
Captain

Although that doesn't apply to books and reviews of titles that have been out for months are still useful.

Board footer