You are not logged in.

#26 30-Apr-2017 06:38:24

UshCha
Warrant Officer

Re: What are your other Wargaming interests?

I should say Nothing other than 20 Centuary.  But yesterday it was re scaleing a fold flat Myan Temple.  I have a couple of hundred Fold flat buildings and maintain that I always ment to write the instructions and publish them.   They are one of the few ways you can have LOTS of terrain.   Trouble is instructions take longer than even the most sophisticate design.   It gets in the way of Gameing.  Its interesting you guys spend more time paintaing than playeing.  Me I dislke paointing its just a means to an end.

If you ever need 1/72 terrain and will accept fold flay I have stuff from a small castle to an Airport control tower and a lot inbetween.

#27 22-May-2017 22:53:07

Phil_Gray_260
Staff Sergeant

Outside the 20th Century?

19th Century Central European Wars - 1859/ 1864/ 1866

Central Asian/ Chinese/ South East Asian 10th 12th Century

Chinese Warring States

#28 26-May-2017 09:18:35

Peter
Major

I'm not involved in wargaming the way you all do.
I just like to build vehicles en putting plastic soldier sets to it to form sorts of units.
Totally not based on historical units, although most "units" are sort of WW2. But if needed for the amountfigures I can put a/some WW1 figures in between them. I do not count the bolts and nuts on a wheel or the buttons on a shirt.

Beside the WW2 units I have also some "modern" units and my whole äir force is "modern".

Cheers,
Peter

"See problems as challenges"
"I've done so much with so little for so long, I'm now entitled to do anything with nothing"

#29 26-May-2017 09:22:04

granty101
Lieutenant General

So Peter, like myself, you're more a modeller than a wargamer. 

Grant

Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

#30 26-May-2017 12:07:15

NTM
Staff Sergeant

Largely WWII in recent years but occasionally get inspired to do something else. Slowly building up some 15mm Dark Age armies for Dux Bellorum. The recent release of Shadow War armageddon has got me digging out my long neglected rogue trader era minis. Have a bit of Napoleonic and ACW stuff but not seen the light of day for a while.

#31 29-May-2017 07:41:22

Peter
Major

granty101 wrote:

So Peter, like myself, you're more a modeller than a wargamer. 

Grant

Yes and no Grant.
Yes i'm building models, but no I'm not the type of modeller that say's: "Hey that model is not good because it depics 6 nuts on each wheel and that should be 5.". Also I don't care about lack of certain details, as many modellers do.
Everything you can't see with eyeball mark I, and need a magnifying glass to see those details, is for me a waste of effort to put on.
Yes, I admire the painting skills and patience of members here to create marvelous things like terrain, vehicles and figures, but still I don't paint my figures and I'll paint my vehicles the way it suits my "units".

If that makes me still a modeller, than yes I'm a modeller. big_smile

Cheers,
Peter

"I've done so much with so little for so long, I'm now entitled to do anything with nothing"

#32 29-May-2017 11:26:51

granty101
Lieutenant General

Peter, at the end of the day, it's a hobby, and if you're happy with your results, that's all that matters smile

Grant

Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

#33 30-May-2017 07:56:53

Peter
Major

Yes, indeed it's a hobby Grant, and I do enjoy my humble results.
Otherwise I would have stopped long time ago.

Peter

#34 14-Sep-2017 12:01:40

Blockhead123
Corporal

Mostly 19th Century European for me - but also some colonial and somewhere I still have all my old Airfix ACW, 1st Edition Minifigs 15mm Renaissance Scots and Hinchcliffe 25mm ECW......
Main problem these days is time to finish/refurbish what I have to a usable standard - and then actually make use of them!

Board footer