You are not logged in.

#276 16-Feb-2017 19:33:40

CarlL
Lieutenant General

Re: For all new registrations - say hello

Lluis,

Hola y bienvenido.
¡Disfrutando de su crecimiento inspirador en Minairons!

Or

Kaixo, ongi etorria.
Zure inspiratzailea Minairons hazkunde gozatuz!

CarlL (second L family initial!)

#277 16-Feb-2017 19:45:42

Rumblestrip

CarlL wrote:

Lluis,

Hola y bienvenido.
¡Disfrutando de su crecimiento inspirador en Minairons!

Or

Kaixo, ongi etorria.
Zure inspiratzailea Minairons hazkunde gozatuz!

CarlL (second L family initial!)

Welcome indeed. Not least for revealing CarlL to be secret Basque speaker - which is extremely rare amongst Britons. Though from Lluis's name, location and one of his quotations I suspect Catalan would be more fitting. But British speakers of that language are probably only marginally less rare than Basque.

Cheers
Andrew

¡Vencerán…pero no convencerán!

#278 16-Feb-2017 21:13:35

uglyfatbloke
Warrant Officer

And more rare than a wargamer wearing a basque....but enough about Friday nights.....
Welcome Lluis.

#279 16-Feb-2017 22:16:32

Lluis of Minairons
Staff Sergeant

Thanks for your warm welcome, Sirs. I'll do my best for contributing to our shared hobby from these pages. Well, some bias toward my own brand will be hardly avoidable --beg your indulgence!

Lluís

#280 16-Feb-2017 22:35:37

Richard B.

Lluis of Minairons wrote:

Another newbie here!

My name is Lluís (before anyone asks, yes two "L"), I live somewhere between the Pyrenees and Ebro river wink and not too long ago I became the proud manager of a really tiny company named on behalf of some mysterious faeries populating the above mentioned mountain range. Given the main focusing of such company, which is currently no other than Spanish Civil War, I told to myself "ei noi, què fas que no formes part de SOTCW?" ("hey guy, how is it you aren't a SOTCW member yet?"). So here I am smile

No URL links allowed yet, so let me tell you the company is Minairons.

Ironically enough, since I started running the miniatures company, four years ago or so, I've barely spent a few hours wargaming --and nothing related to 20th century, but to War of Spanish Succession instead! As a Spanish popular saying says, "en casa del herrero, cucharas de palo" (roughly "at blacksmith's house, wooden spoons").

Well, that's all for the moment.
Lluís

Hi and welcome Lluis

I should tell my fellow SOTCW members I`ve known and traded with Lluis for many years via Ebay long before Minairons and I have to say he is a credit to our hobby. smile

"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

#281 17-Feb-2017 02:21:41

bannockburn bhoy
General

Welcome Lluis , hope you enjoy the site, and it helps with your business.  cheers  John.

#282 17-Feb-2017 19:25:29

CarlL
Lieutenant General

Andrew / Rumblestrip,

I dont speak Basque, but I like to learn how to welcome others, so lets try Catalan too.

Lluis,

Hola i benvingut.
¡Gaudint del seu creixement inspirador en Minairons!

CarlL

#283 17-Feb-2017 20:12:37

granty101
Lieutenant General

Rumblestrip wrote:

Welcome indeed. Not least for revealing CarlL to be secret Basque speaker

And rumours abound he might be a secret Basque lover, but I cannot confirm nor deny this....now where did I put Maggie's phone number?? lol

Granty-p (taking the wee as usual).

Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

#284 10-Sep-2017 17:11:04

Blockhead123
Sergeant

Hello! Just joined the forum. I started 'wargaming' with the original Airfix WW2 figures back in the 70s and still have all of them, but these days I have widened my interests! I have 15mm early WW1 armies and I am building a set of 'ImagiNations' 1960s armies using a mixture of Roco Minitanks and compatible 1:87 diecast toys
Ian

#285 10-Sep-2017 17:14:55

granty101
Lieutenant General

Blockhead123 wrote:

Hello! Just joined the forum. I started 'wargaming' with the original Airfix WW2 figures back in the 70s and still have all of them, but these days I have widened my interests! I have 15mm early WW1 armies and I am building a set of 'ImagiNations' 1960s armies using a mixture of Roco Minitanks and compatible 1:87 diecast toys
Ian

Welcome Ian, I'm Grant...and I've never wargamed in my life!!! I write a few history based articles for the journal, (when time allows), and this is why I joined the SOTCW. I hope you have fun on the forum, as we can take the water occasionally!!

Anyway, have fun, and feel free to post anything...well, within reason that is!! lol

#286 10-Sep-2017 17:20:02

dadlamassu
Major General
Website

Blockhead123 wrote:

Ian

Welcome Ian.  This is a nice and pleasant place.  I also have the "old" Airfix troops and they regularly take the field!

http://www.morvalearth.co.uk/Inch_High_ … Etangs.htm

clip_image007.jpg

#287 10-Sep-2017 20:41:56

CarlL
Lieutenant General

Welcome Ian alias Blockhead123.
We have similar vintage as probably most of the over 50s on this site do!

And as if by magic Alan produces a cracker of a photo to prove it as we all name the bits of his photo we had (and still have) and it all began with Donald Featherstones "Wargames" circa 1969 edition for me!

Mind I did game in 54mm before I found Airfix... pity mother gave em all away on my first weeks departing home (later she muttered those immortal mother words like "I thought you were too grown up for them now...." but as my eldest daughters recent birthday card to me stated: "Dad, growing old is inevitable... but growing up is optional!" and I must admit its an option I keep flunking!!

(Far too many openings for that Granty101 here, than I care to count!)

Welcome once more Ian.
CarlL

Last edited by CarlL (10-Sep-2017 20:43:38)

#288 10-Sep-2017 22:27:48

bannockburn bhoy
General

Welcome Ian...fire away

#289 10-Sep-2017 22:30:16

Blockhead123
Sergeant

Alan, great looking game and takes me back, thank you.
Carl, I certainly never grew up! As regards books, I started with Terry Wise's 'Introduction to Battlegaming' and Charles Grant's 'Battle - Practical Wargaming' rather than Featherstone - but otherwise very much the same. Separately, I posted a reply to one of your posts on Peter Laing figures - not sure if you have seen that?

#290 11-Sep-2017 06:58:36

ianrs54
Brigadier
Website

Moaning

Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG

#291 11-Sep-2017 09:09:34

granty101
Lieutenant General

CarlL wrote:

(Far too many openings for that Granty101 here, than I care to count!)

CarlL

Carl, you do me a great disservice...I don't take the water our of you, I take it out of everyone!!! lol

Blockhead123, welcome to the p*ss taking zone!!! lol

Grant

Board footer