WIP

A place for your pictures and tips
Richard B.

WIP

Post by Richard B. »

Thanks to some nice guys here I`ve done some swaps and gained some more British trucks
Airfix Matador
Added some stowage, Lewis gun; rear seating and wire hoops for tarp
Tarp (Debbies old stocking :D ) cut to size, to be fitted after painting
Another Airfix Matador
Rear white metal tilt off a EWM Renault truck; again added stowage and Lewis
Airfix Long Matador with double rear wheels (originally the fuel tanker)
Scruffy plasticard rear piled with stowage load, rear gate off a soft plastic GMC 6x6.
I`ll probably use more stocking/tarp to help disguise my rubbish modelling :)
Airfix Quad tractor
Added stowage & firing platform Wheel
Airfix Quad
added stowage
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
panzerman47

Re: WIP

Post by panzerman47 »

Cracking work mate, love the long wheel base variant.... 8-)
sediment

Post by sediment »

Nice models. Great use of stowage gives them that lived in look.

Cheers, Andy
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Very nice, Richard. I recall converting several Airfix AEC 854 refuellers into GS trucks about 25-30 years ago, when 20mm British GS truck models were much harder to come by, especially here in the US. I think I eventually passed most of them to my brother, who was less picky about the accuracy of his truck models. A real pity the 6x6 AEC 854 didn't see more use outside the RAF, since it does make a very attractive heavy load carrier.

David
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 16:41 Very nice, Richard. I recall converting several Airfix AEC 854 refuellers into GS trucks about 25-30 years ago, when 20mm British GS truck models were much harder to come by, especially here in the US. I think I eventually passed most of them to my brother, who was less picky about the accuracy of his truck models. A real pity the 6x6 AEC 854 didn't see more use outside the RAF, since it does make a very attractive heavy load carrier.

David
Less picky - that`s me :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Richard B. wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 17:00 Less picky - that`s me :D
Sorry Richard, the post was actually meant as an indictment of my own rather crude conversions. :D

David
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 17:07
Richard B. wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 17:00 Less picky - that`s me :D
Sorry Richard, the post was actually meant as an indictment of my own rather crude conversions. :D

David
Next to your work mine is play-school level, I have no illusions about my lack of skills and would never take offence :lol:
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Richard, the GS conversions I did back then were basic in the extreme, just a plasticard box plonked onto the truck chassis. No real attempt at detailing, canvas tilts, cargo, etc. I have been slowly working on rehabilitating them as time permits. I finished reworking the last of the Austin K6 GS conversions a couple of years ago, before my forced hiatus from the workbench. Some of the Bedford QL conversions have been similarly redone, with the rest waiting their turn. Not sure yet what I will do with the Austin K2 ambulances, which back then were given mere "paint conversions" for use as signals vans.

David
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 17:30 Richard, the GS conversions I did back then were basic in the extreme, just a plasticard box plonked onto the truck chassis. No real attempt at detailing, canvas tilts, cargo, etc. I have been slowly working on rehabilitating them as time permits. I finished reworking the last of the Austin K6 GS conversions a couple of years ago, before my forced hiatus from the workbench. Some of the Bedford QL conversions have been similarly redone, with the rest waiting their turn. Not sure yet what I will do with the Austin K2 ambulances, which back then were given mere "paint conversions" for use as signals vans.

David
Must locate a K2 ambulance one of these days - not a priority :D and get a radio van fro my British HQ - always something to do :lol:
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Nice work Richard.
CarlL