Senegalese in tropical kit

Post by Richard B. »

Finished pics of the first batch of my new Senegalese
Excuse the poor pics

2 packs of riflemen
Moving Fm24/29 team
VB grenade launcher team
All the infantry together
Generic gun crew (with the only gun I had to hand)
More of the gunners manning a 80mm mortar
I couldnt resist creating a Hotchkiss team (the gun is from Bandera)
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
granty101

Re: Senegalese in tropical kit

Post by granty101 »

Richard B. wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 09:25 Finished pics of the first batch of my new Senegalese
Those figures have painted up nicely Richard...well done bonny lad :)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

granty101 wrote: 12 Feb 2020, 21:05
Richard B. wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 09:25 Finished pics of the first batch of my new Senegalese
Those figures have painted up nicely Richard...well done bonny lad :)

Grant
Thanks, to be honest I am hugely disillusioned with the lack of comment here, I am considering giving up posting :(
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
Kalinovsky

Post by Kalinovsky »

Richard

I have seen at least three posts by you about these on at least two forums, and on Facebook as well. I left a complimentary comment on a thread on one of these sites but I’m not going to do this in each place. I’m sure there are many others who are in a similar position. Maybe you will want to concentrate on posting on other places where you feel you get a better response, but no-one should expect posting something means other people must respond.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Kalinovsky wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 19:14 Richard

I have seen at least three posts by you about these on at least two forums, and on Facebook as well. I left a complimentary comment on a thread on one of these sites but I’m not going to do this in each place. I’m sure there are many others who are in a similar position. Maybe you will want to concentrate on posting on other places where you feel you get a better response, but no-one should expect posting something means other people must respond.
OK, I may be expecting too much, but I post here to support this forum and continue to push the SOTCW if there`s no point, I just won`t bother.....

FB is fleeting, forums were a means to start a conversation!

This forum is all that is left of the society, if people don`t post and or make comments, that is the end of the SOTCW, may as well give up :(
Kalinovsky

Post by Kalinovsky »

Richard

We both know not too many people post here so maybe the thing is to think of posts here as further on the spectrum to general benefit of the forum while elsewhere is more likely to stimulate a greater amount of discussion.

I for one would be disappointed if you were to stop posting here.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Kalinovsky wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 08:31 Richard

We both know not too many people post here so maybe the thing is to think of posts here as further on the spectrum to general benefit of the forum while elsewhere is more likely to stimulate a greater amount of discussion.

I for one would be disappointed if you were to stop posting here.
I just want to keep things ticking along, but without comment and conversation, it becomes frustrating
granty101

Post by granty101 »

Richard B. wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 09:29
I just want to keep things ticking along, but without comment and conversation, it becomes frustrating
Keep the faith bonny lad, keep the faith!! ;)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
panzerman47

Post by panzerman47 »

I’ve commented elsewhere but not here as I don’t get the chance to come here often, no disrespect to you intended.
Your work is always inspirational, more so to me at the moment as I have zero hobby time currently ( apart from posting here and the other Forum).
Like me you commissioned Matt to do some figures, he is excellent! Bet you must be well pleased.... 8-)
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

panzerman47 wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 18:30 I’ve commented elsewhere but not here as I don’t get the chance to come here often, no disrespect to you intended.
Your work is always inspirational, more so to me at the moment as I have zero hobby time currently ( apart from posting here and the other Forum).
Like me you commissioned Matt to do some figures, he is excellent! Bet you must be well pleased.... 8-)
All I want is for others to post here too, if people stop posting traffic will stop, the forum will drop down Google rankings and people will stop finding it and visiting - THE END :cry:

As for Matt, his sculpting just gets better and better, I do wish he`d stop doing ultra moderns as I have no use for them though :oops: