Richard B.

Re: Faid Pass, Tunisia Jan 30-Feb 2nd 1943

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 23:24
Richard B. wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 22:40
...though why i bother posting AARs these days is mute :(
Glad you continue to persevere, Richard. As is usually the case with your scenarios, I have copied the details with the intent of someday converting them to CD-TOB terms, although frankly the chances of my being able to host such a game are becoming increasingly remote. I still enjoy working out the TO+Es and scenario details for potential games regardless.

David
Thank you David

For both scenarios, i have got written orbats, etc. I just didn`t put them here to save space
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

granty101

Post by granty101 »

Richard B. wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 09:08

You will always be welcome (same goes for anyone else reading this)
It's bad enough looking after Carl in the UK never mind abroad!! Don't you go putting ideas of sunny trips away into his head Mr Baber!! :evil: ... :lol:

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Richard B. wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 09:10
For both scenarios, i have got written orbats, etc. I just didn`t put them here to save space
I'd certainly be interested, if its not a bother.

David

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 20:37
Richard B. wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 09:10
I'd certainly be interested, if its not a bother.

David
PM me your email address and I`ll pop them over :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Richard B. wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 21:50
PM me your email address and I`ll pop them over :D
Done.

Thanks, David.

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Richard,

I am glad to see you have not given up on AARs.
I know how time consuming it can be to edit photos and create what appears to be a simple article in terms of composition.
I was busy planning our own escape (now I have retired!) to north Yorkshire shores, so missed reading your lovely and informative AAR earlier.
As others have noted above, these reports are inspiring both to gamers (like me) and to amateur historians (I always like to read about less well reported actions and conflicts that have shaped the world).
With this in mind I am going to be cheeky and ask you what was your "interesting article" and your "disposition map" sources, please, so I can follow them up as a future read!!

Keep posting (please!)
its the nearest thing to a Journal that we have here on the Forum! I shall endeavour to reciprocate once we get re-settled!
And hoping your move to the sunny shores of Spain is fulfilling and lets your gaming, writing, researching, painting mojos thrive!

CarlL

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 14:49
Richard,

With this in mind I am going to be cheeky and ask you what was your "interesting article" and your "disposition map" sources, please, so I can follow them up as a future read!!

Keep posting (please!)
its the nearest thing to a Journal that we have here on the Forum! I shall endeavour to reciprocate once we get re-settled!
And hoping your move to the sunny shores of Spain is fulfilling and lets your gaming, writing, researching, painting mojos thrive!

CarlL
Very kind :D

By chance a few yrs back i came across an issue of "Artillerie" the magazine of the friends of the French Artillery Museum at Draguignan, it contained several interesting articles (in French of course), but also a contents list of other issues so i hunted some of these down with Tunisian based articles - issue 22 (December 1998) is all about various artillery units in Tunisia 8th Nov 1942 - 13 May `43 and had an account including a tactical map of 1st battery 67RAA at Faid. :)

granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 14:49

I was busy planning our own escape (now I have retired!) to North Yorkshire shores

CarlL
What Carl really means is that he and his long suffering bride (of Dracula), are relocating back to Whitby, as his original (Dracula's) coffin has washed ashore after the wreck of the Demeter was disturbed in a recent storm. Needless to say, he is 'staking' a claim to the original coffin, and looking forward to getting a decent full days kip!!

I shall be heading down that way shortly, and treating both of them to a 'stake' dinner!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grant

P.S. Carl, you really do make it too easy for me bonny lad!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

PS Granty,

the grandson of said Dracula, all 87cm of him, (he is only 21months in human terms) got his teddy bear today (in post) and conveyed his delight and thanks via Viber video call - unfortunately the credits all went to "gaga" although Maggy did try to explain to him that a certain Durham lad should get the thanks and credit..... even Dracula had to agree.....

CarlL

granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 21:29
PS Granty,

the grandson of said Dracula, all 87cm of him, (he is only 21months in human terms) got his teddy bear today (in post) and conveyed his delight and thanks via Viber video call - unfortunately the credits all went to "gaga" although Maggy did try to explain to him that a certain Durham lad should get the thanks and credit..... even Dracula had to agree.....

CarlL
Carl, you are most sincerely welcome...I hope it gives him as much pleasure as you give me on this forum..after all, you make it so easy for me!!! :lol: :lol:

But seriously, it was the least I could do, and I hope he gets years of joy from it :D

Grant