US naval crew

A place for your pictures and tips
Richard B.

US naval crew

Post by Richard B. »

105mm deck gun & crew (the gun is a converted 105mm short howitzer) gun & crew all Raventhorpe
.30cal plus 2 deck officers (.30cal by Raventhorpe, the officers are Britannia & old Skytrex)
Water-cooled .50cal (Raventhorpe gunner and gun)
20mm Oerlikon & crew (Raventhorpe)
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

cartfc

Re: US naval crew

Post by cartfc »

Very nice Richard. You finally got the naval crew then!

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Yep, very nice too although i`ve ordered another 18 figs off Andy Grubb (the crew of his tank landing craft) which will give me far more than i`ll ever need :oops:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

granty101

Post by granty101 »

That 105mm short howitzer would look good on a 'Colonial era' river gun boat ;)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Richard,
Great work!
What you upto?!
Refighting the USA naval landings in Morocco and Tunisia?
Looks like it with all these and more on the way!
Carl

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 13:07
Richard,
Great work!
What you upto?!
Refighting the USA naval landings in Morocco and Tunisia?
Looks like it with all these and more on the way!
Carl
I have a plan to re-run the Saafi landings game we did ages ago, on our 8`x4` table in Spain.

The table size allowing more room and stretching the board more, preventing the defender from reacting so quickly to the landings also isolating the landing beaches from one another a little :D

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Took the naval crew out to Spain, I was asked by someone on another forum to take some photos with the ship - so here you are :D

cartfc

Post by cartfc »

Lovely piece of kit Richard. The crew are just the job.

Cheers Fred.

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Great ship Richard. The crew look at home.
Where did you get that ship model?
CarlL

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 10:31
Great ship Richard. The crew look at home.
Where did you get that ship model?
CarlL
The ship is actually from Britannia Miniatures their German Armed Trawler, resin model with metal bits, comes complete with white metal crew and guns - I bought it to use as a Spanish boat for my Rif War project :D and sold the crew off - I crewed it with a mix of Andy Grubb`s Soviet Naval Brigade & Kriegsmarine figures when Spanish :D