A Weekends work

A place for your pictures and tips
Richard B.

A Weekends work

Post by Richard B. »

First off 6 Force20 Melhala part of the care package off Bill Krieg :D

The figures are fine, the faces, the robes - but the weapons are truly awful, but they`ll blend into my large Berber/Arab force, no no harm done. I did swap out the worst Hotchkiss ever for an Airfix Vickers

Confiscated tow
My Volksgrenadiers needed a tow for their 150mm SIG. There had been some discussions over on FB about Germans using Fire engines as transport in and around Arnhem - so I thought lets do something different
Started out as a much abused Lledo "Days Gone" di-cast (no ladder, only 2 tyres and damaged paintwork) Like this but imagine worse wear
I re-painted it, added a ladder, some mixed stowage and a crew selected from all over the shop and it now looks like this:
here is how it will look towing the SIG
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
David Reasoner

Re: A Weekends work

Post by David Reasoner »

Very nice, Richard. Love the confiscated fire engine.

David
CarlL

Re: A Weekends work

Post by CarlL »

Richard
Great work on the fire engine tow.
My only use of fire engines like this was to convert two to VBCW militia transport for the fictional 1938 Very British Civil War and use Frontline / IT Miniatures WW1 French dismounted Lancers as my armed "Fire Brigade" militia resplendent in brass helmets!!

I like the Force20 Melhalla figures and used a number in my Rif tribes (c1910-1920s). The model MG they came with was a heavy sculpted affair. Its that age old problem of sculpting something that will cast and not so fine in build its miss-casts or drops apart in use. I am not sure if many are successful in avoiding being too flimsy or too heavy set. Probably the EWM Hotchkiss one pice casting is the best I have seen (and bought) in 20mm.

Good to see you putting these figures and truck to successful use.
CarlL