More French

A place for your pictures and tips
Richard B.

More French

Post by Richard B. »

Having a good week

Early War Miniatures White TBC - lovely resin/plastic cast body with a white metal turret and commander
Painted a dull green as illustrated in a couple of books i have on vehicles used in Syria and during Operation Torch. I don`t usually apply decals, but made an exception in this case

Staff car for my French commander - style and elan is everything, a 1933 Plymouth which started out like this (1 Euro)
Now looks like this
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
CarlL

Re: More French

Post by CarlL »

Nice work Richard!
CarlL

PS
I know you are not a fan of dry brushing but I would be tempted to find a colour similar to your background colour (was it dirt or concrete in garden?) and after good shake and dip into paint with half inch or 1cm wide flat brush, wipe off paint from brush (either back into bottle if acrylic bottle - I use cheap acrylics that come in plastic bottle with screw on caps that act as paint reservoir after opening after good bottle shake - or onto paper kitchen towel) and apply rest lightly in dry brush style on armoured car to bring out those rivets and other details!! If unsure if brush still too loaded you can try on wheels or mudguards first!? If brush has just got a little paint on it will catch raised surfaces even the tyre edges, if too much it smothers subject. If latter you can usually wipe of excess with kitchen towel and / or clean wet brush, taking excess off with brush (but clean brush before repeating o/w its going back on.

CarlL

PPS
I bought two of same armoured car for colonial police duties in North Africa!! Mine have not gone beyond assembly and grey primer .... :(
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Very nice, Richard! The Matchbox Plymouth is a great find, with lots of potential uses.

David
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote: 07 May 2021, 20:04 Very nice, Richard! The Matchbox Plymouth is a great find, with lots of potential uses.

David
And for 1 Euro I just couldn`t resist :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908