Show Us Your Recycled Toys!

A place for your pictures and tips
Richard B.

Re: Show Us Your Recycled Toys!

Post by Richard B. »

Interesting, thanks for posting
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
Blockhead123

Post by Blockhead123 »

Thank you for the kind words folks.
I must get back to my 'imaginations' modern armies soon, but I am busy finishing my modular terrain tiles for 15mm Colonial games in the Sudan using Bob Cordery's 'Portable Wargame' rules
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Nice work! Lots of potential for Cold War era imagi-nations forces in those toy vehicles.

David
billk

Post by billk »

A pair of die cast metal Hasbro Titanium Series Indiana Jones Trucks pressed into service as pseudo Einheits trucks. One finished except for weathering the inside of the canvas top and the other, with a removable cargo load I built, is still a WIP.

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

More good re-imaging work, Bilk.
CarlL
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Very nice! They certainly look the part.

David
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

I've been rather busy the past couple of months with working on projects for other folks, and with relocating my workbench, WIP and unbuilt kit stash, and computer desk to another room in the house (which also meant moving and reorganizing my entire library as well to make room for everything) in order to create space for a more handicapped accessible arts and crafts room for my wife. Finally had an opportunity this weekend to resume work on the next batch of 3 IHC diecast truck conversions. Here they are ready for a coat of primer:

At left is another Fiat 15-ter light GS truck for my Italians (this time will be in grey-green, rather than sand as before); at center is the later license-built Soviet version, a 1931 AMO F-15 light GS truck for my early-war Russkies; and at right a generic radio or telephone signals van, this time for my Romanians.

David
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

David

Great conversions.
Sounds like you have had your hands full, making life easier for your wife and her mobility needs. Hope this works out for you both.
Look forward to seeing the painted versions at a later date.
Carl
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Very cool guys :D

I`ve just picked up a fire engine, which i`m going to alter into a make-shift tow for my Volksgrenadier unit :lol:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
billk

Post by billk »

David,

I really like seeing what you do with all your various "toy" conversions.
Going the extra mile to add the suspension springs really adds to the end product in the IHC conversions.
(I confess to being a slacker by not adding certain details when I convert things.)
Can't wait to see these finished.

Bill

(moving worksites doesn't seem to have slowed you down too much. certain your wife appreciates the space swap.)