Operation Big Stick scenario written and forces selected

A place for your pictures and tips
Richard B.

Operation Big Stick scenario written and forces selected

Post by Richard B. »

I`ve renamed this post :D

The scenario is still in the revision stage, but this is the table.
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
billk

Re: New game set-up

Post by billk »

Hmmm, thats not an upgrade to your Safi harbor setup.
Ummm, looks like David's Ashar scenario but still not quite it.
So must not be a reworked scenario... its something completely new.
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Another great looking table Richard.
Some lovely pieces like the mosque and walled house / courtyard with fountain, to name just two.
CarlL
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 19:57 Another great looking table Richard.
Some lovely pieces like the mosque and walled house / courtyard with fountain, to name just two.
CarlL
I`m really pleased how it looks :D

The mosque building is from the late, great and much missed John Dowman`s - Bizantium Models, the minaret is by Blotz Terrain

The walled house is mine, the buildings were an I-phone box, the domes were a ping-pong ball, the walls are S&S Models and the fountain comes from Gamecraft Miniatures in the US :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Toto, I don't think we're in Mexico anymore... :lol:

David

Edit: Richard, I don't know why, but I'm always quite taken with your assortment of ruined forts, temples, etc. I don't recall seeing the one on the headland overlooking the wharf before.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 21:06 Toto, I don't think we're in Mexico anymore... :lol:

David

Edit: Richard, I don't know why, but I'm always quite taken with your assortment of ruined forts, temples, etc. I don't recall seeing the one on the headland overlooking the wharf before.
I`m trying to mix the terrain up a bit, using different pieces, to make things look visually different :)

This piece is part of my most successful Ebay purchase ever:
Just after we bought the hotel (so 20 yrs ago) I bought a huge job lot on Ebay - the guy was obviously just selling up - literally 1,000s of plastic figures, 50+ models, a box of TSS terrain tiles plus rule books and other hobby stuff including several of those terrain pieces - piles of rocks, a ruined church, a set a standing stones and this ruin, all made of an expanded polystyrene ready paint and flocked - I have no idea who made them!

I bought the lot for £160 and then parceled it up and re-sold what i didn`t want - Panthers, Tigers, T-34s and other Russian kit, the rule books and bagged the figures up in mixed bag batches of 1,000 - I made about £350 profit and kept what i wanted on top :D
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Richard B. wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 21:58 This piece is part of my most successful Ebay purchase ever:
Just after we bought the hotel (so 20 yrs ago) I bought a huge job lot on Ebay - the guy was obviously just selling up - literally 1,000s of plastic figures, 50+ models, a box of TSS terrain tiles plus rule books and other hobby stuff including several of those terrain pieces - piles of rocks, a ruined church, a set a standing stones and this ruin, all made of an expanded polystyrene ready paint and flocked - I have no idea who made them!

I bought the lot for £160 and then parceled it up and re-sold what i didn`t want - Panthers, Tigers, T-34s and other Russian kit, the rule books and bagged the figures up in mixed bag batches of 1,000 - I made about £350 profit and kept what i wanted on top :D
Wow! I've never been able to do anything remotely like that, £160 being about 10 times my monthly hobby budget even in happier times. OTOH, I've been quite fortunate to have at least 3 local gamers dump their 20mm collections in my lap more or less gratis between 2001 and 2005 when they abandoned 20mm WW2 in favor of 28mm. No terrain in any of the deals though, since I have almost always been the main terrain maker and provider locally, at least for 20mm.

At any rate, I'll probably snag and save a couple of images of the ruin with the notion of trying to recreate something like it using styrofoam and foamboard. Thanks!

David
billk

Post by billk »

David... "I've been quite fortunate to have at least 3 local gamers dump their 20mm collections in my lap more or less gratis between 2001 and 2005 when they abandoned 20mm WW2 in favor of 28mm."

:shock: I live in the wrong place because no one anywhere I've ever lived dropped a collection in my lap!

Richard, I do like that lighthouse... a perfect target for naval gunfire.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 22:39
Wow! I've never been able to do anything remotely like that, £160 being about 10 times my monthly hobby budget even in happier times. OTOH, I've been quite fortunate to have at least 3 local gamers dump their 20mm collections in my lap more or less gratis between 2001 and 2005 when they abandoned 20mm WW2 in favor of 28mm. No terrain in any of the deals though, since I have almost always been the main terrain maker and provider locally, at least for 20mm.

At any rate, I'll probably snag and save a couple of images of the ruin with the notion of trying to recreate something like it using styrofoam and foamboard. Thanks!

David
David

£160 is far more than I would ever spend in a year, but as soon as I read the Ebay post, I knew it was a bargain and went straight to Debbie with my business proposal and she allowed me to invest :)
granty101

Post by granty101 »

Richard B. wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 09:26
£160 is far more than I would ever spend in a year, but as soon as I read the Ebay post, I knew it was a bargain and went straight to Debbie with my business proposal and she allowed me to invest :)
Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate!! ;)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!