Assche 17th May 1940

A place for your pictures and tips
Gary

Assche 17th May 1940

Post by Gary »

Saw this on TMP and its too good not to share.......

https://testofbattle.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... 3dfd#55847
"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes"

"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."
Richard B.

Re: Assche 17th May 1940

Post by Richard B. »

Those great looking forces :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Indeed, Michael has a fantastic collection for early war. I'm also quite happy with his May 1940 scenario volumes.

David
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Great link, David. To a really useful scenario; and a beautiful photo report of the scenario having been played.
David, do you (or others) know what scale these rules are being played at in terms of both what one model represents, or one game square on tabletop representing in terms of distance?
I would ask at that website but it seemed they did not accept posts about the scenario.
CarlL
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

CarlL wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 20:46 Great link, David. To a really useful scenario; and a beautiful photo report of the scenario having been played.
David, do you (or others) know what scale these rules are being played at in terms of both what one model represents, or one game square on tabletop representing in terms of distance?
I would ask at that website but it seemed they did not accept posts about the scenario.
CarlL
Carl, the rules are Command Decision - Test of Battle, where one vehicle or artillery model equals 4-5 actual vehicles or artillery pieces. Each stand of infantry figures represents a platoon. Distance scale is 1" equals 50 yards and time scale is one turn equals 30 minutes.

The CD-TOB forum in Gary's link (where Michael's AAR is posted) certainly accepts posts, but you must be a registered member.

David
billk

Post by billk »

Michael's scenarios, AARs, and posts are always worth the time to view.
Nice guy who will always respond to questions about his games.
His paper buildings and ships are really something... as is the breadth and depth of the miniatures he can bring to a scenario.
He posts to CD-TOB and on TMP. Wish we had him posting here or on TWF.
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Thank you David.
I agree Bilk, the photos of the grid terrain, and his buildings are splendid as is the array of troops; which led me to ask about scale.
CarlL