sidetracked? another project perhaps finished?

A place for your pictures and tips
CarlL

sidetracked? another project perhaps finished?

Post by CarlL »

Well its good when you feel, thats probably finished now; but sad when you think, "I started this one so long ago, I can't remember whose resin model of a church that I have (more or less) finished now!!" And so it is with this multi part resin model of a church, possibly a cathedral! Anyone recognise the model?
I have painted it with intention of using it in 20mm Spanish Civil War games... but it must be 10 or 20 years since I played one of these with Jeff Fletcher and other members of CWG!! The photos (and the basic paint job) do not do this model justice, so bear with me on the varying light in the photos. (Something to resolve as I move forward in my new games den.)
It came as a multi part kit: main (and large) parts being: base (with cellar), church walls, church roof; and then smaller parts, like the three (not sure if four originally) part tower, and two internal pieces for the interior of the main body, a floor and a stair case.
I think it was 15mm in scale. To help with size I include a 15mm limber (from Russian Civil War) and a 20mm base of 3 infantry.
Enjoy
CarlL

Some interior details, I am still thinking of adding impression of stained glass to windows and icons or wall paintings of saints (using postage stamp size prints) to interior walls!!

Two photos (below) with figures for scale !
CarlL

granty101

Re: sidetracked? another project perhaps finished?

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 22:38 Anyone recognise the model?

Some interior details, I am still thinking of adding impression of stained glass to windows and icons or wall paintings of saints (using postage stamp size prints) to interior walls!!
I recognise that model Carl...it's one you've just painted!! :lol: :lol:

But being serious for a moment, I think there is someone, (retailer/manufacturer), in the railway modelling scene who makes stained glass decals/stickers for church windows...just can't recall who it is at the minute.

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
Gary

Post by Gary »

Shellhole Scenics then but now a Lancer Miniatures church.........I have a similar 'shelf queen' of a building!
"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes"

"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

WOW that is an impressive piece (nicely finished also) :D :D :D :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 »

Look good when painted ! ;)
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Thanks Gary for the reminder!
Thanks Grant for the stained glass window idea. Not sure I am good with those fiddly jobs like transfers! (I dont think I have stuck any on an Airfix like model in last 20 years but instead hand painted stars and roundels and the like!)
Thanks all for the feedback.
CarlL