the latest winter building for the escape club

A place for your pictures and tips
sandsmodels

Re: the latest winter building for the escape club

Post by sandsmodels »

Richard B. wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 11:03
sandsmodels wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 08:50
richard
we have loads of building parts, walls, roads, roofs, stone & brick walling, far too much to list, we may get around to getting them on the webshop one day, it is a time factor, vehicles sell far better and quicker than terrain and terrain can be heavy making postage quite high.
thanks
shaun
How about just a paper list tacked onto the various forums/FB pages - sort like what Tony does with Raventhorpe.......

I`m sure it would create sales :D
i have no doubt it would increase sales but we are having difficulty dealing with current orders without having more of them :D
one day we hope to
thanks
sandsmodelshop.com
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Fair play, you only have so many hours in a day :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Shaun & Richard,

your exchange made me chuckle....
Richard keen to buy...
Shaun too busy with other sales to sell...
Eye candy rather than sales pitch... Richard is right they look good, just need some wrought iron railings... perhaps the old plastic zoo railings by Britains would work?

Hopefully Richard can persuade you, Shaun to make him some of those walls for government house somewhere in Colonial France overseas territories?
And we can look forward to their future depiction, as the locals try to burn down government house to throw out the unwanted colonizers ....
I shall try not to add to the clamour for resin walls.... and hopefully Shaun is still pacing himself after his recovery so he has energy to add more to tempt us to all ask, ... where can I get them etc!!?

CarlL
sandsmodels

Post by sandsmodels »

CarlL wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 13:50 Shaun & Richard,

your exchange made me chuckle....
Richard keen to buy...
Shaun too busy with other sales to sell...
Eye candy rather than sales pitch... Richard is right they look good, just need some wrought iron railings... perhaps the old plastic zoo railings by Britains would work?

Hopefully Richard can persuade you, Shaun to make him some of those walls for government house somewhere in Colonial France overseas territories?
And we can look forward to their future depiction, as the locals try to burn down government house to throw out the unwanted colonizers ....
I shall try not to add to the clamour for resin walls.... and hopefully Shaun is still pacing himself after his recovery so he has energy to add more to tempt us to all ask, ... where can I get them etc!!?

CarlL
glad you enjoyed it, much better than TMP!
we have too much terrain in reality :lol:
we do have similar pillered walls and metal railings in our range, but metal railings make them expensive and terrain does not sell as well as people think.
there are plenty of model railway walling ect to compete with out on the market.
we were hoping to make more of our terrain ranges availabel this year but 2020 has not gone according to plan on a lot of fronts.
sandsmodelshop.com
ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 »

but 2020 has not gone according to plan on a lot of fronts.
Tad understated there Shaun
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

ianrs54 wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 09:58
but 2020 has not gone according to plan on a lot of fronts.
Tad understated there Shaun
Oh yes :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908