WWII WIP

A place for your pictures and tips
billk

Re: WWII WIP

Post by billk »

Some recent efforts to clear the workbench... my answer to beating some excessive heat and humidity.

These plastic Roco-Herpa (now Arsenal M) Pzkw IVs came to me from a friend. When I obtained them they had a Panzer Yellow base coat. Since they already had paint, I didn't want to mess with stowage, so just finished them off as they were. Just need to affix the turret machineguns and they will be done.

I also finished-up some Trident metal kits that had been languishing with just a coat of primer. Nice kits, which are robust except for the Sdkfz 10/4 gun barrel; which you can see lying on the workbench because of my clumsy self.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

I like your muted colours far better then mine :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy »

Richard B. wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 10:25 I like your muted colours far better then mine :D
There you go again :!: :!: :!: :roll: :roll: :roll:
bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy »

Nicely done Billk...Metal kits look solid...Pz IV the real workhorse of the Panzer Divisions...thanks for posting. :D :D
billk

Post by billk »

Thanks Guys.

Richard, the muted colors are typically a result of the drybrushing.
You can really see the difference between the base color and finished, drybrushed color on the Pzkw IIIs earlier in this thread.

Cheers,
Bill
billk

Post by billk »

Something different - after seeing a combat photo of an M20 utility car with a canvas cover in-action, which I can no longer find, and then seeing a resin model of an M20 with canvas cover, it seemed appropriate to tackle that conversion. Initially formed with an old tea bag and white glue over the supersturcture, then further shaped (twice) rubbing-in a little more thinned down white glue, this is the result once primed and base coated in khaki gray. Later war OD on the vehicle... rather than the brownish OD used on most of my U.S. equipment. Official photo. Resin kit photo. Conversion photos.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

That looks very interesting - I`ve never seen an M20 with a canvas cover before - very cool :D

Whos models are those Bill?? I have an S&S one myself :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
billk

Post by billk »

Richard, these are 1/87 Roco M20s.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

billk wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 17:50 Richard, these are 1/87 Roco M20s.
Thanks
sandsmodels

Post by sandsmodels »

brilliant idea
maybe i should do that m20 canvas for our m20 a/car, would make it easier to make. less metal bits!
sandsmodelshop.com