WIP

A place for your pictures and tips
Richard B.

WIP

Post by Richard B. »

I don`t usually bother with WIP as I work pretty fast, but now I`m retired I have time to plod along.

here is that di-cast Matchbox 1947 1/4 ton Chevy

My plan is to alter it to look like a 1930s model which has been field modified by the Germans as a tow.

New wheels, raised wooded sides, seating, a rifle rack behind the cab and stowage. Pictured here with the selected crew all before undercoating and painting.
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
CarlL

Re: WIP

Post by CarlL »

Its looking busy on that tow!! Like all the added parts. I look forward to the paint work.
(Will you use a spray primer / undercoat? Its probably warm enough outdoors in southern Spain to spray it!? Unlike here, "up norrth" where its been about 10C in daytime and my prep work outdoors with a spray may be over for this year!)
Keep soaking up that retirement!
(I am enjoying mine! Working on tribal levy for Abyssinia, primarily for 1895 but hopefully usable for 1930s and second war with Italy too.)
CarlL
Richard B.

Re: WIP

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 23:14 Its looking busy on that tow!! Like all the added parts. I look forward to the paint work.
(Will you use a spray primer / undercoat? Its probably warm enough outdoors in southern Spain to spray it!? Unlike here, "up norrth" where its been about 10C in daytime and my prep work outdoors with a spray may be over for this year!)
Keep soaking up that retirement!
(I am enjoying mine! Working on tribal levy for Abyssinia, primarily for 1895 but hopefully usable for 1930s and second war with Italy too.)
CarlL
All undercoated now (Bolt Action Dunkelgelb) :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908