Les Char D1 du 4e Regiment Chasseurs D`Afrique

A place for your pictures and tips
Richard B.

Les Char D1 du 4e Regiment Chasseurs D`Afrique

Post by Richard B. »

7th squadron of 4RCA had 15 of these in Tunisia at the time of the German landings, they immediately joined other French units as part of the now combined allied armies trying to defeat the Germans/Italians.

The unit was at Medjez-el-Bab; Hir Moussa and Kasserine (where they claimed a Panzer IV!)

These are 20mm by Early War Miniatures (one has an AB Figures commander)
I`ve tried by best to use the camouflage as illustrated in Sicard & Vauviller, but I`ve left the aerials in place (all research says they had been removed, but not why??) because I like them :)

both together
Playing with the camera in the garden
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
David Reasoner

Re: Les Char D1 du 4e Regiment Chasseurs D`Afrique

Post by David Reasoner »

Very nice work, Richard. I'm still using some ancient BP Casts Char D2 as stand-ins for the D1.

David
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 18:58 Very nice work, Richard. I'm still using some ancient BP Casts Char D2 as stand-ins for the D1.

David
I was planning to use S-35s :lol:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Great models by EWM from your excellent photos. (I see the new garden makes for a fine gravel playing surface too!)

Live and learn, should be my motto; I didn't realise these early tanks were still in service in 1940, let alone that they fought at Kasserine and elsewhere in North Africa!

CarlL
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 12:56 Great models by EWM from your excellent photos. (I see the new garden makes for a fine gravel playing surface too!)

Live and learn, should be my motto; I didn't realise these early tanks were still in service in 1940, let alone that they fought at Kasserine and elsewhere in North Africa!

CarlL
That is what makes Operation Torch and Tunisia so enjoyable to organise and game - The French are basically 1940 era with some wonderful odds`n sods which makes the modelling fun :)