oddments that I finished this week

A place for your pictures and tips
CarlL

oddments that I finished this week

Post by CarlL »

Yes, you guessed it more from the cellars of my unfinished terrain projects... now finished roughly speaking!

First up 15mm scale oil or other storage tanks made by the now defunct Fieldworks range. For somewhere in deepest Soviet Russia cicra 1941-1943.

Second up a piece I tarted up and which I got as part of secondhand railway model buildings, and it didnt look right in the setting, it still doesnt look right as a stand alone (god knows what it is? OK Granty will no doubt enlighten me!?) but it could be a steampunk tardis? failing that it will merge with my industrial clutter!

Third up a childs toy tree, which I was given and has been tarted up to give vague impression of a date tree for my "Arabic" terrain (so last shot shows it with minaret I featured previously).

CarlL

Richard B.

Re: oddments that I finished this week

Post by Richard B. »

Very nice mate :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 »

Sure you are finished Carl ? :roll: Good stuff
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

ianrs54,

funny you should say that as I found three more (A4 size) boxes of primed but unfinished resin buildings this afternoon!

Box1 10mm Fieldworks Mansion and Stalingrad railway station... inspired purchase following my buying painting two 10mm armies (Hungarian/German and Soviet Russian around time of BKC being released!) And whats more both 10mm armies were painted years ago! But not this terrain! So I have blocked in all the main colours this afternoon! The station was a set of five linked buildings!!

Box2 & 3, Lancer (and what came before it was Lancer) 20mm buildings! All primed and ready to paint.

Of course, I aint counted the boxes of unopened, unprimed stuff ... whhich includes a box of S&S Italian houses and ruins, and a box with a primed Spanish church in 15mm scale (I had a spell on churches having completed an Orthodox Russian one in 20/25mm, and a Mosque in 20mm and another Spanish / italian church complete with iconography!) ... but ran out of steam after this one got primed and a bases stone coat of yellowish sandstone... well in my eyes!) .... amazing what you can find when you have time to look!

CarlL

granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 17:32
OK Granty will no doubt enlighten me!?
Are you talking about the building or the bit on top of it Carl?

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Both! Grant.
CarlL

granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 17:32
(god knows what it is? OK Granty will no doubt enlighten me!?)
CarlL
Well Carl, even I have to admit defeat on this one!! :cry:

The door looks to small for the height of the building, and the roof looks to large...and as for the thing on top.. :shock: I have no idea!!!

So yes, you've stumped me on this one my friend ;)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Grant
thats us both stumped!
Go back to my idea of a steampunk tardis!
CarlL

David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Being intended as a model railroad accessory, it may be some sort of sand tower. I've never seen one quite like yours, but railroad sand houses and sand towers come in all manner of forms. Their purpose was to dispense sand to locomotives, which could be used to improve traction when needed.

David

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy »

CarlL wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 19:02
Grant
thats us both stumped!
Go back to my idea of a steampunk tardis!
CarlL
It's a tea urn ....obviously :D :D :D