Punjabi rifle company

A place for your pictures and tips
Richard B.

Punjabi rifle company

Post by Richard B. »

Punjabi rifle company

A representative unit for use in our Syria/Lebanon games

A mix or Tumbling Dice and SHQ figures some with minor conversions, I`ve created a reinforced company unit based around 10-figure platoons, but added a support platoon and Company HQ as a command element.

Tumbling Dice riflemen (there are 3 packs of these)
Tumbling dice command pack minus the dead figure (2 of these packs)
SHQ Boys AT rifle with his Tumbling Dice (TD from here on) No2
SHQ Bren gunner with his TD No2
SHQ Bren team
SHQ 2 inch mortar team
SHQ moving bren gunner with a TD No2
SHQ HQ figures (the guy in the centre has TD head)
SHQ HQ figures (the guy carrying the radio has a TD head)
1st platoon
2nd platoon
3rd platoon
Support platoon (Boys team, 2" mortar team, 4 rifles plus a Subaltern)
Coy HQ
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

David Reasoner

Re: Punjabi rifle company

Post by David Reasoner »

Very nice, Richard! Good to see your productivity hasn't suffered any.

David

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Cheers David

Sitting in a mostly empty guesthouse awaiting developments at the mo......... :roll:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 »

Good stuff. Do wish the manufactures would make their BREN gunners in the correct drill position though. Should have sling over right shoulder, right hand on hand grip, and left hand on the carrying handle, which is in the extended position to the left, or one handed with the right hand on the carrying handle. Any other way is to risk sever burns...
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

ianrs54 wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 08:36
Good stuff. Do wish the manufactures would make their BREN gunners in the correct drill position though. Should have sling over right shoulder, right hand on hand grip, and left hand on the carrying handle, which is in the extended position to the left, or one handed with the right hand on the carrying handle. Any other way is to risk sever burns...
Totally agree :(

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Good photos, Richard, showing lovely mix of figures and your lovely paintwork and head swops. Do you drill or glue on your new heads?
CarlL

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 22:12
Good photos, Richard, showing lovely mix of figures and your lovely paintwork and head swops. Do you drill or glue on your new heads?
CarlL
Just glue, no patience to mess about with drills and stuff :)