looking for late WW2 German female auxiliaries

Exchange and sell items.
dadlamassu

looking for late WW2 German female auxiliaries

Post by dadlamassu » 18 Nov 2018, 13:10

I have been reading about the last battles in Germany 1945 and also
Hitler's Volkssturm: The Nazi Militia and the Fall of Germany, 1944-1945 (Modern War Studies) by David K Yelton ( an interesting book with incredible detail)
Hitler's Girls: Doves Amongst Eagles by Tim Heath (a fascinating detail on the girls and young women of the Jung Made the BDM, RADw, Wolf detachments etc) - if you are interested in the Fall of the Reich period this is essential reading.

Anyway, in my 20mm, 1/76, 1/72 German I have a couple of Heavy Flak female crews and a few females from the Caesar "Defenders of Berlin" set. Now that I have realised that my female forces are understrength I am looking for female light flak crews, figures suitable for the all female combat units (wolf detachments), RADw, nurses and other auxiliaries.

Anyone know any manufacturers of suitable figures or have any to swop/sell?

Thanks

Richard B.

Re: looking for late WW2 German female auxiliaries

Post by Richard B. » 19 Nov 2018, 07:25

How about SCW ranges - Irregular do a couple of girls, They do this thing where you get variations (heads and kit) even in the same figure code, so order two miniatures gets you two similar but not the same figure - adds to the numbers without that cloned look :)

Warrior Miniatures do one in their SCW range and another in their WW2 resistance fighters, by changing the hairstyles with plasterscene and adding a skirt to one I got 4 different figures off the two poses :D

Of course if you have the time and money there`s also Miniarons SCW Milicinas.........
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu » 19 Nov 2018, 12:07

Richard B. wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 07:25
How about SCW ranges - Irregular do a couple of girls, They do this thing where you get variations (heads and kit) even in the same figure code, so order two miniatures gets you two similar but not the same figure - adds to the numbers without that cloned look :)

Warrior Miniatures do one in their SCW range and another in their WW2 resistance fighters, by changing the hairstyles with plasterscene and adding a skirt to one I got 4 different figures off the two poses :D

Of course if you have the time and money there`s also Miniarons SCW Milicinas.........
Thanks, Richard, I had a look at the Minairons figures but the work involved in conversion, weapons etc put me off. I'd forgotten about Irregular - the female Chetnik and French Resistance look useful while their SCW female might do with a bit of work.

Seems like there is big gender gap for some enterprising manufacturer to fill.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 21 Nov 2018, 19:18

dadlamassu wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:07

Thanks, Richard, I had a look at the Minairons figures but the work involved in conversion, weapons etc put me off. I'd forgotten about Irregular - the female Chetnik and French Resistance look useful while their SCW female might do with a bit of work.

Seems like there is big gender gap for some enterprising manufacturer to fill.
Tell me about it, I spent ages converting various makes to Mexican soladeras, then Miniairons brought out their Milicianas and converted 10 of those - giving me two units for our Mexican games, then i painted the remainder up as Republican militia for SCW.

Elhiem do a single German Luftwaffe auxiliary which I`ve painted up as a nurse twice (French & German)
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908