Turkish Movie Dag II

Conflicts and wars in the 21st century.
Post Reply
Richard B.
Posts: 616
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 06:54

Turkish Movie Dag II

Post by Richard B. » 07 Jun 2018, 15:35

Mountain II (Dag II) is one Sky Premier now under the title Brothers in Arms Inturkish and kurdish with subtitles

Watched it this afternoon and you all know i have little interest in ultra modern warfare, but hey a war movie is a war movie right?

A team of Turkish special forces is sent into Northern Iraq/Kurdistan to rescue a female photo journalist captured by ISIS.

The film flicks back and fore giving you insight into the characters and the units training, the combat is violent and bloody, the acting pretty good.

I won`t spoil the movie, but lets just say the unit is caught between their mission and their conciences.
Image


The final battle is very "Private Ryan", but if you look past that it is actually a better film than SPR in my opinion.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5813916/
Anyway highly recommended :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

CarlL
Posts: 749
Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 20:53

Re: Turkish Movie Dag II

Post by CarlL » 07 Jun 2018, 21:58

Thanks for mini review Richard, and bringing it to the attention of us non tv watchers! I do like a good film though.

CarlL

granty101
Posts: 473
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 18:18
Location: Durham

Re: Turkish Movie Dag II

Post by granty101 » 08 Jun 2018, 05:20

CarlL wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 21:58
Thanks for mini review Richard, and bringing it to the attention of us non tv watchers! I do like a good film though.

CarlL
Carl, is it true your first television set was a steam powered one?? :lol:

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

bannockburn bhoy
Posts: 444
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 07:07
Location: Glasgow

Re: Turkish Movie Dag II

Post by bannockburn bhoy » 10 Jun 2018, 10:00

Might have known a "female" would be at the centre of things Richard :D :D :D

Richard B.
Posts: 616
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 06:54

Re: Turkish Movie Dag II

Post by Richard B. » 10 Jun 2018, 10:47

bannockburn bhoy wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 10:00
Might have known a "female" would be at the centre of things Richard :D :D :D
Purely as a damsel in distress in this instance, though both female characters are solid and well written/acted ;)

I happen to like girls anyway :lol:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

User avatar
hammurabi70
Posts: 102
Joined: 01 Aug 2014, 21:05

Re: Turkish Movie Dag II

Post by hammurabi70 » 10 Jun 2018, 17:08

Richard B. wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 15:35
The final battle is very "Private Ryan", but if you look past that it is actually a better film than SPR in my opinion.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5813916/
Anyway highly recommended :D
Interesting in that I watched it yesterday but thought it a bit formulaic and rated it below SPR. I would have said there are some serious plot deficiencies that are there only for the sake of the story.
If you are such a great writer make me want to logon and respond! [Adapted]

Richard B.
Posts: 616
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 06:54

Re: Turkish Movie Dag II

Post by Richard B. » 10 Jun 2018, 19:29

hammurabi70 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 17:08
Richard B. wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 15:35
The final battle is very "Private Ryan", but if you look past that it is actually a better film than SPR in my opinion.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5813916/
Anyway highly recommended :D
Interesting in that I watched it yesterday but thought it a bit formulaic and rated it below SPR. I would have said there are some serious plot deficiencies that are there only for the sake of the story.
This type of movie always end up trying to be Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven so yes formulaic.

However, i actually found myself invested and actually caring for the characters in this one (i didn`t care a jot in SPR) Maybe because this movie wasn`t about the Yank winning WW2 all by themselves?? :)
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

Post Reply