Ultra modern

Conflicts and wars in the 21st century.
MrCreak

Re: Ultra modern

Post by MrCreak » 04 Apr 2019, 16:40

granty101 wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 15:52
John, the only 'highly technical' bit of kit I've seen recently is Carl's mobility scooter...and AFAIK, there isn't a model available in 20mm. :lol:
Grant
Sorted: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Langley-Models ... B00UJGO5MY

granty101

Post by granty101 » 05 Apr 2019, 05:43

MrCreak wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 16:40
granty101 wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 15:52
John, the only 'highly technical' bit of kit I've seen recently is Carl's mobility scooter...and AFAIK, there isn't a model available in 20mm. :lol:
Grant
Sorted: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Langley-Models ... B00UJGO5MY
Well slap me daft!!! That's nearly a good likeness of Carl and... :? ... :lol:

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » 26 May 2019, 15:30

MrCreak wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 11:43
bannockburn bhoy wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 09:17
What rules are you using to accommodate all of this please
It's a home-grown set (dating back, in basics, to the late 1970s). Written as a campaign base where equipment price is based on model price (and countries get a military budget of around £35-£60 per week). Probably needs revamping with the increase in kit prices these days.
I kept the actual combat simple (gun damage is d6 or d8 - the latter for hollow charge weapons - x calibre in mm with modifiers for muzzle velocity, tank "resilience" based on total weight[1]) with 1/2 that value sustained causing either a mobility kill or a firepower kill, 3/4 being a knock-out but field In-game) repairable and anything equalling or exceeding that value is a kill, which may or may not be repairable back at the factory.

If you're interested I can send you a set, with "editable" data tables (MS Excel format) so you can add anything I've missed: the game also accommodated kit-bashed player designs, and rules for designing your own stuff. (Originally written when kits were truly "pocket money" prices and buying a couple of kits to build your own "perfect tank" was viable for even junior members with limited income).

1 It does give some anomalies - the most notable being the Airfix WWI tank capable of taking nearly as much damage as a Comet - but it did make for fun games, and caused a reverse arms race when a friend and I bought each other birthday/ Xmas presents that were deliberately chosen to be "useful" in the game but also chosen to have a combat worth of slightly more than bugger all[2]. IIRC the WWI tank ended up with vertical launch missiles, a couple of gatling self defence systems and uprated engines...
2 This was a necessity because my best mate was my chief opponent. Because he's a mate I couldn't give him rubbish, but as an opponent I knew that whatever I bought him came "free" in the game (as a "gift from from a superpower") and would be used against me.
MrCreak sorry ive just noticed this, thanks for the offer but im more or less sorted. I like the concept of the respective gifts ,that could be fun in itself...cheers John