Request for beta readers

Conflicts and wars from the end of the Second World War to the end of the 20th century.
Russell Phillips

Request for beta readers

Post by Russell Phillips » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:08 pm

I'm co-writing a Cold War turns hot novel, set in Germany in 1982. We're looking for a few people to read an early draft and give feedback (AKA beta readers).

I'm particularly interested in getting feedback from people that served in the Soviet army or lived in the Soviet Union, especially in the 1980s.

If you're interested, please email me at Russell@RussellPhillipsBooks.co.uk and I'll get back to you.
Russell Phillips
Shilka Publishing

CarlL

Re: Request for beta readers

Post by CarlL » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 pm

Russ

That should gain you more attention from MI6 and former KGB (current GRU) officers.

Not my period (nor did I serve in Russian army before Grant adds a comment) otherwise I would offer to help. I would miss factual things.

CarlL

PS Add the CIA to your followers.
Good job you have not posed in fez or turban for a photo op at a Sotcw stand recently... you might get lifed in the night....

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:16 am

No Service in the Soviet Forces Russell however ,the cold war is my main area of interest in terms of gaming and collecting. Ive read most fiction of any note about the era ,and have a serious collection of non fiction, from all perspectives.
I would be only to happy to help or not , I would however give you an honest opinion .
In any circumstance no offense meant nor taken.
I wish you all the best with it in any event. cheers John

ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:08 am

I'll take a look for you.

IanS
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG

Russell Phillips

Post by Russell Phillips » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:46 am

Thanks John and Ian.

I've asked in several places, so I'll need to sort through the responses and get back to you. We'd like several beta readers ideally, but not so many that we can't sort through all the feedback :)

Honest opinions are fine (and wanted), but equally, we'll read all the feedback, but we won't necessarily act on it :)
Russell Phillips
Shilka Publishing

granty101

Post by granty101 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:33 pm

CarlL wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 pm
(nor did I serve in Russian army before Grant adds a comment)
I wasn't going to say a thing...honest!! ;)

...but I did find your brothers photo on line, so maybe you might be telling a small porkie Carl :lol:

Grant (Once again extracting the wee wee) ;)
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Russell Phillips wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:46 am
Thanks John and Ian.

I've asked in several places, so I'll need to sort through the responses and get back to you. We'd like several beta readers ideally, but not so many that we can't sort through all the feedback :)

Honest opinions are fine (and wanted), but equally, we'll read all the feedback, but we won't necessarily act on it :)
It goes without saying Russell how you interpret feedback is entirely your prerogative, I wouldn't criticise just for the sake of it. Like I said im only to happy to help..or not , no problem either way Russell :D