A new battlegroup

Conflicts and wars from the end of the Second World War to the end of the 20th century.
dadlamassu

A new battlegroup

Post by dadlamassu » 11 Feb 2018, 12:32

After spending a lot of last year "doing" fantasy models for out grandsons - Conan, Lord of the Rings, Hobbit - I have returned for a while to my fictional African setting. A find of some military diecasts some time ago to a car boot sale at a price that attracted me (less than 20p a vehicle) and a hunt through the boxes of plastic kits yoelded the basis od a battle group. I needed a back story and I'm still working on that.

So far it centres on a really old and half forgotten project based on a Central American republic of Monteria. This place is controlled by a military Junta led by President (colonel) Jusip Rabir. The politics are, of course, his own strongly influenced by an intriguing combination of the medieval church and fascism. His coup ousted the democratically elected but corrupt government of Laura Hermestas. The rest I'm still working on and also whether to repaint the infantry with UN Blue helmets.

Anyway the time to do these came from some enforced idleness while looking after my ill mother while she was asleep. She is now recovering.

The Headquarters is based on a Revell 1/72 Fennek and three diecast toys that look passably like modern APCs (Fuchs and VAB) if a little small. The oversized MG3 were removed and replaced and the toys repainted in a version of late WW2 German cammouflage.

Utility helicopters are Airfix MBB-105
And the gunship is another MBB-105 with a 20mm cannon and 6xHOT ATGW

The infantry are Revell Modern Germans - I could with some more of them for support weapons and recce. Again their transport are diecast toys.

Airfix Leopard1s make up the heavy armour

Armoured cars

I have some more diecast toys to convert into recce and other support weapon carriers. So if anyone has any spare Revell Modern German infantry please get in touch.

bannockburn bhoy

Re: A new battlegroup

Post by bannockburn bhoy » 12 Feb 2018, 18:23

I really like that colour scheme ,very unusual and works very well ,thanks for posting . cheers John

dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu » 12 Feb 2018, 21:58

Thanks John. The colours are the same ones I use for my WW2 Germans just in a different combination.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 12 Feb 2018, 22:21

Very nice Alan, cool camo pattern :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

panzerman47

Post by panzerman47 » 13 Feb 2018, 07:17

Excellent, I think diecasts really lend themselves to this sort of project... 8-)