Cold War Scenario booklet anyone?

Conflicts and wars from the end of the Second World War to the end of the 20th century.
bannockburn bhoy

Re: Cold War Scenario booklet anyone?

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Seret wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:56 pm
cartfc wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:10 pm
Given these scenarios are set in 80’s West Germany relatively easily to work out what typical houses are like and what the road net supports etc.
I agree, and generally that level of detail is not required for most rule sets.

One of the problems with writing scenarios for general consumption is deciding just what info people will need. Designing it for just one rule set is the easy way; you'll know exactly what info the player will need to get stuck in. But if you're trying to be more generic you won't please everybody. Such scenarios are a starting point, not a "game in a box", as the player or umpire you'll probably have to do a bit of work to turn it into a playable game under the exact requirements your rules.
Exactly..few come locked and loaded you need to load up first, its usually taken as a given.

hammurabi70

Post by hammurabi70 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:34 pm

bannockburn bhoy wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:02 am
Just let it go mate ,eh. :roll:
I suspect it is a response to my post.

Having asked about it at the club I was interested to discover that some scenarios might indeed have such level of detail. As has been observed it all depends on what rules you use; it would seem that very low-level skirmish one-to-one might indeed have such a requirement. The rules of ASL are said to be encyclopedic, do they have these in them?
If you are such a great writer make me want to logon and respond! [Adapted]

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:36 pm

If that indeed is the case , then you suspect wrongly.