Panzer II Command Tank.

Discussion around the Second World War.
cartfc

Panzer II Command Tank.

Post by cartfc » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:52 am

Thought I knew every variation and nuance of German tanks, but discovered pics of this while googling something else and it was new to me. A Panzer II with a large boxy cupola in place of the standard split hatch. Some pics here if you scroll down a bit.
http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums ... =34444&p=2

Cheers Fred.

granty101

Re: Panzer II Command Tank.

Post by granty101 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:17 pm

cartfc wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:52 am
Thought I knew every variation and nuance of German tanks, but discovered pics of this while googling something else and it was new to me. A Panzer II with a large boxy cupola in place of the standard split hatch. Some pics here if you scroll down a bit.
http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums ... =34444&p=2

Cheers Fred.
Good find Fred, as I can honestly say, I haven't seen those pics, or that variant before, before.

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:47 am

Really good find, evidently it was built to allow the commander to be able to use charts and maps etc. Cheers. John

dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:42 am

I have also seen that one called the BeobachtungsPanzer II sometimes with a frame aerial on the back decking. Also a turretless Panzer II used by PanzerPioniers for stores or as a recovery tractor with framework over the turret ring.

Mind you most pictures are of models. As Julius Caesar said about the internet "Penitus utile est, sed quod non possit quia fides est intelligentia militum"