New scenario on the website, featuring Spaniards in the Soviet Union in 1942:
https://sotcw.co.uk/shiloy-tshernez-the ... uary-1942/
Russell Phillips
Military history author and SOTCW Treasurer
CarlL

Re: Shiloy Tshernez, the Spanish Blue Division in Russia, 17 January 1942

Post by CarlL »

Lovely work by Senor Baber !! (haha)
Worthy of a Journal for publication. (All loyalties aside, I wonder at what point such lovely articles should be in another mag to reach a wider audience?) Meanwhile we are lucky to still be able to enjoy articles by Richard and others. (Well done all.)
CarlL
PS That includes you Granty!!
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Very kind, I came across my notes when sorting out papers, i have another but needs work :D

If people want a one-off or one per "X" months special magazine, I`m up for supporting it with writing bits - but it will have to be a group decision.
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
granty101

Post by granty101 »

Richard B. wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 11:55
If people want a one-off or one per "X" months special magazine, I`m up for supporting it with writing bits
Me too Richard

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 09:32 PS That includes you Granty!!
I knew who you meant ;)

Grant
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 09:32 Worthy of a Journal for publication. (All loyalties aside, I wonder at what point such lovely articles should be in another mag to reach a wider audience?)
The glossies no longer want my stuff as it is NOT accompanied by glossy high quality images of stunningly painted miniatures and
terrain or support one of the en vogue rule systems therefore won`t appeal to their readership :oops:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Richard.

Your assessment of what glossies seek, is sad news, perhaps another reason why Sotcw Journal was so important. But yours is only the second positive comment about one off Journal, in the time since Grant and I suggested this (was it four weeks ago?).

I had a subscription to one of the glossies, (wont say which) which I have not renewed as most ads, reviews and articles focused on 28mm wargaming and in fashion rules. I suppose that's what sells and I am a bit of a dinosaur (my figures are 20mm, 25mm, and 1/300 with some later 15mm and a few 10mm additions)!!

Anyway, our hobby allows us all to follow our own lines of playing, research, rules, painting and terrain making etc..

All best

CarlL
granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 19:21

Your assessment of what glossies seek, is sad news, perhaps another reason why Sotcw Journal was so important.
Well said that man!!

Grant