Battalion level WW2 Now called "O" Group or the story of "Oooooh"

Discussion around the Second World War.
CarlL

Battalion level WW2 Now called "O" Group or the story of "Oooooh"

Post by CarlL »

OK I have pinched this subject line from TFL Forum, as it best identified the topic and question, I wanted to ask of you all.
Has anyone been involved in the test play thats been ongoing for a year to 18 months? Anyone got any info on the style of play being developed by (I think) a group linked to the TFL but not them as such, developing 'Battalion level WW2 Now called "O" Group or the story of "Oooooh" '

I have tried to learn if this is something different and fun thats being developed, but not learned a lot from my enquiries over on TFL Forum (see
https://toofatlardies.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 1&start=50 )
I am always keen to play big battle rules but not perhaps at the PanzerKorps level (of boardgame like rules) rather than skirmish games with a platoon or two. But never been much of a follower of fashion when it comes to rules and figure scales. eg never got into Flames of War in 15mm or Bolt action in 28mm.
So thought I would canvass any awareness or information among those visiting or regular contributors here at Sotcw Forum.
CarlL
hammurabi70

Re: Battalion level WW2 Now called "O" Group or the story of "Oooooh"

Post by hammurabi70 »

Looks interesting; it would appear that you take command of a battalion, which is probably a bit larger than most of the TFL rules are aimed at.
If you are such a great writer make me want to logon and respond! [Adapted]
CarlL

Re: Battalion level WW2 Now called "O" Group or the story of "Oooooh"

Post by CarlL »

Yeah, that seems to be aim.
different team from the two Lardies developing the rules, and TFL sem to be acting as publishing house (and a brand focus?)
I have a copy of (and have played) the TFL "ITLSU" (If The Lord Spares Us) which is btn level WW1 in Palestine, and is from main TFL rule writers, I understand.
CarlL