Experimenting again with Spearhead and 20mm kit

Discussion around the Second World War.
robinsutton

Re: Experimenting again with Spearhead and 20mm kit

Post by robinsutton » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:23 am

Seret wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:59 am
Out of interest what made you want to try and adapt Spearhead for 20mm? Just had the toys in that scale already and fancied giving the rules a go?

I think you're going the right way though, leave the core rules as they are instead of trying to get a square peg to fit into a round hole. If you find yourself playing the rules a lot and liking them you can always get new armies in a smaller scale.
I have played SH for quite a few years. We use all three sub periods.. WW1, WW2, and Moderns.
Mostly we play in 6mm, and have extensive army collections.

I have always loved 20mm, with collections that date back to the mid 1970s. I also have a couple of gaming friends who are similarly inclined in terms of scale, and I wanted them to enjoy the rules I love. Spearhead is the only rules set for 20th century gaming that I have ever found that matches my paradigm of battles - a specifically personal thing, of course.

Ngā mihi nui
Robin

Seret

Post by Seret » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 am

robinsutton wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:23 am
I also have a couple of gaming friends who are similarly inclined in terms of scale, and I wanted them to enjoy the rules I love
Fair enough, it's always good to expand your pool of potential opponents. Just seemed a little like you were trying to fit a square peg in a round hole is all. It's been interesting reading how tweak the ground scale affected the game, it kind of proves that old rule-writing maxim: "If you change one thing, you change everything".
granty101 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:55 pm
Robin, I can't see many who frequent this forum being into the Techno, House, Garage or Ootside Netty types of music...but I may be wrong!! :lol:

Grant
I wouldn't be so sure about that Grant. Your scrawny gurning teen or twentysomething of the 90s rave scene will now be a greying middle-aged dad with a beer belly. And if that ain't wargaming's core demographic, I don't know what is!

granty101

Post by granty101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Seret wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 am
I wouldn't be so sure about that Grant. Your scrawny gurning teen or twentysomething of the 90s rave scene will now be a greying middle-aged dad with a beer belly. And if that ain't wargaming's core demographic, I don't know what is!
Well I haven't seen any techno ravers at wargames shows...seen a few people raving, but not to music!! :lol:

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

CarlL

Post by CarlL » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Grant
Shall I bring the ghetto blaster to Stockton? We can add nusic to raving .....
CarlL

granty101

Post by granty101 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:54 am

CarlL wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:05 pm
Grant
Shall I bring the ghetto blaster to Stockton? We can add music to raving .....
CarlL
Carl, I didn't know your Maggie could sing :o ... :lol:

Grant

P.S. I hope she doesn't read this forum, or I'm a dead man!! :lol:

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:21 pm

granty101 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Seret wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 am
Well I haven't seen any techno ravers at wargames shows...seen a few people raving, but not to music!! :lol:

Grant
Au Contraire Grant Euphoric Trance is my first choice of listening especially when driving :lol: ;) :D

granty101

Post by granty101 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:07 pm

bannockburn bhoy wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Au Contraire Grant Euphoric Trance is my first choice of listening especially when driving :lol: ;) :D
John, I didn't know you could get modern 'music' on wax cylinders!! :lol: ...and how do you keep winding it up when you're driving your Pony & trap?? :roll:

Grant

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 pm

for once ...lost for words :o :D :D :D

granty101

Post by granty101 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:40 pm

bannockburn bhoy wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 pm
for once ...lost for words :o :D :D :D
;) ... :lol:

Grant

CarlL

Post by CarlL » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:43 pm

No comment.... (Safest option with Grant around?)
CarlL

PS
Grant,
there could be a knock on the door in the middle of the night Grant from the "sarcasm" police.........??
On the other hand it may just be me on the run with my carers allowance........??
...if only they would let me collect it in person from the post office like in the good old days of Monday morning queues from the post office door along the street..... Blummin carers have it spent on loo rolls, tinned ham, micro wave food (I aint got a micro wave I tell 'em .. to no avail) and other necessities before I can do a runner ......

CarlL in no mans land..... :)