MINIATURE ADVENTURES OF DUNSTERFORCE 1918

Discussion around early wars and conflicts including World War 1
CarlL

MINIATURE ADVENTURES OF DUNSTERFORCE 1918

Post by CarlL » 08 Mar 2019, 19:43

Another scenario book in this "Setting the East Ablaze" series, is: MINIATURE ADVENTURES OF DUNSTERFORCE 1918 : STILL SETTING THE EAST ABLAZE, by Robert Giglio; it costs £27.50p plus P&P if not bought at a show (standard charge per book order is £3.50p I believe).

which Caliver website describes as "A massive 160 large format full colour pages. 16 Scenarios, from small unit skirmishes to large scale actions plus campaign options. Includes a History of Dunsterforce plus amendments & Clarifications for SETTING THE EAST ABLAZE RULES"
see https://www.caliverbooks.com/bookview.p ... 2&id=26890

Having bought it and read it a lot, I would say its an encyclopaedia of facts and history about Dunster Force accompanied by 16 well laid out tabletop scenarios, that could be played with any rules. There is much technical / factual information in useful appendices too. This authore has given us a great piece of 'forgotten' history and has written his material not just for players of one set of rules, but has many useful ideas applicable for various rules, or adaptable to your own rules.

It's a book I have much enjoyed, its not just for 28mm tabletop gamers, in fact one appendix specifically helps gamers in other scales to identify suitable manufacturers / model makers to make this history accessible to games players in any scale.

Well worth your cash!
CarlL (who maybe repeating himself as I got this book some time ago!)

granty101

Re: MINIATURE ADVENTURES OF DUNSTERFORCE 1918

Post by granty101 » 17 Mar 2019, 15:09

CarlL wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 19:43
CarlL (who maybe repeating himself as I got this book some time ago!)
And that's why I get a carers allowance ;)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!