Air Attacks on Alicante during the SCW

Discussion around early wars and conflicts including World War 1
Richard B.

Air Attacks on Alicante during the SCW

Post by Richard B. »

Another short history piece over on my blog

https://baberonwargames.blogspot.com/20 ... g-scw.html
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
billk

Re: Air Attacks on Alicante during the SCW

Post by billk »

Interesting stuff!
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Well done Richard, a very interesting and well illustrated report on a little known but as you note, destructive and deadly air raid. Thanks for posting link on Sotcw Forum. CarlL
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote: 03 May 2021, 19:14 Well done Richard, a very interesting and well illustrated report on a little known but as you note, destructive and deadly air raid. Thanks for posting link on Sotcw Forum. CarlL
I didn`t think it was wargaming as such, so didn`t think posting it here in full was the right thing to do :)
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Today is the 83rd anniversary of the bombing attack which caused around 300 deaths in Alicante on 25th May 1938, the city has been commemorating the event with music, short plays and films (broadcasted onto the walls of the Market).

All very moving.
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Richard,

Good to hear that Spanish cities and provinces are commemorating their own "blitzs" and remembering their civilian dead.

CarlL