Small Wars: New Perspectives on Wargaming Counter Insurgency on the Tabletop

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
hammurabi70

Small Wars: New Perspectives on Wargaming Counter Insurgency on the Tabletop

Post by hammurabi70 »

If you are such a great writer make me want to logon and respond! [Adapted]
gordograd

Re: Small Wars: New Perspectives on Wargaming Counter Insurgency on the Tabletop

Post by gordograd »

Certainly is well spotted
CarlL

Re: Small Wars: New Perspectives on Wargaming Counter Insurgency on the Tabletop

Post by CarlL »

Good spot Hammurabi70

Sounds interesting and hitting many "countries" and across our epoch of interest.
£12.95 for 116 pages covering six war zones with "game" ideas looks a good deal. And solo play favourable.

I shall place an order.

CarlL
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

I`d certainly consider buying that :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu »

I'd like to see a review but then I'd probably buy it anyway.
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Got my copy today in post.

I hope John Curry (editor) doesnt take this as insult as its meant to be a compliment but its like somebody just did a Sotcw Xmas annual using our most recent editorial group and printers to put it together! Lovely softback with colour photo cover (like recent Journals) and stuffed full of B&W photos (historical and games) and maps galore! From 1920s to present day scenarios.

This weekend looks like being an early Xmas treat!

Buy it and enjoy.........

CarlL
Mainly28s

Post by Mainly28s »

Got mine yesterday!
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

What you think of it "mainly28s" ?

(OK I realise the wife has probably packed it away by now, since you are moving house, but from your first glance what did you make of it......??)

apologies mainly28s for the rudeness of my tone...... its Granty101s fault he taught me all my bad habits on this forum..... :)

CarlL
Mainly28s

Post by Mainly28s »

CarlL wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 20:10 What you think of it "mainly28s" ?

(OK I realise the wife has probably packed it away by now, since you are moving house, but from your first glance what did you make of it......??)

apologies mainly28s for the rudeness of my tone...... its Granty101s fault he taught me all my bad habits on this forum..... :)

CarlL
LOL, no worries- I know no rudeness was intended.
I've just opened it to check that nothing's falling out, but plan to look through it this weekend. I may put a word or two on here when I have had a read-through!
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

The Foreign Legion games is a fun game that could easily be adapted to Rif War, British in Sudan, or Somalia 1920s or Iraq 1920s.

Others are more attempts at simulation than game.

The 1920s Irish game may not be one for harmonius relations as many participants or their children are still holding memories of the atrocities but could be adapted to other bloodbaths like Palestine in earlt 20th century or the many interwar civil wars.

CarlL still reading and pondering.....