Lovely Ferret Scout car from Butlers

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
CarlL

Lovely Ferret Scout car from Butlers

Post by CarlL » 14 Nov 2018, 20:58

New models keep appearing from Butlers Printed Models, I have avoided overloading this forum with news of them, but I thought this model of a Ferret Scout Car - is it an armoured car or am I being pedantic!? - looked really good (see what you think)

Photo borrowed from TWW at https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/butl ... -released/
or see https://www.butlersprintedmodels.co.uk/

Price info borrowed from TWW ad too, as below.

"5 different variants are available:
Ferret Mk 1/1 - FV701 Open topped
Ferret Mk 1/2 - FV701 Fixed turret
Ferret Mk 2 - FV701 Rotating turret
Ferret Mk 2/6 - FV703 with Vigilant antitank missiles
Ferret Mk 4 - FV711 Big wheels version with flotation screen

Prices
6mm from £0.55
12mm from £2.00
15mm from £2.50
20mm from £5.00
28mm from £10.00

The models are available in all scales."

CarlL

cartfc

Re: Lovely Ferret Scout car from Butlers

Post by cartfc » 14 Nov 2018, 23:59

Yes very nice.

Cheers Fred.

NTM

Post by NTM » 22 Nov 2018, 18:29

Their output is quite prolific at the moment.
As far as I can tell they have since released the following

Bradley IFV
Sdkfz 7
Sdkfz 10
Loach helicopter

I've probably missed a couple too.

Denty

Post by Denty » 16 Jun 2019, 08:19

Can anyone give me view as to the quality of Butlers models please? They look really good in the pictures, apart from quite pronounced ridges as per many 3D printed models.

Thanks.

MrCreak

Post by MrCreak » 16 Jun 2019, 10:49

The photos used on Butler's website are of the 15mm versions (he does his models in numerous scales from 6mm up to 1/48) and I have to admit that the camera does make the striations look quite pronounced.
I've got quite a few of the 20mm models and they're pretty good - nothing that an ordinary coat of paint doesn't cover unless you stick them right in front of your face and actually look for the ridges.
Adding stowage also masks the fact they're 3D printed and you wouldn't be able to tell that they're not kits when on the table.
A friend bought some 15mm stuff (far cheaper than official Team Yankee models) and he's perfectly happy with them.
I've read a couple of reviews where, unusually, there have been prominent ridges but apparently gentle sanding makes them far less apparent and subsequent painting/ stowage fixes it almost completely.
Personally I'd recommend them without reservation and Butlers is now my first stop for vehicles - especially as I'm markedly Francophile and the range of modern French AFVs far surpasses other manufacturers.
As far as I'm concerned the only downside is that the 3D printing medium makes it harder to modify the models - but I'm a fan of "kitbashing" to make fictional vehicles/ variants for my campaign imagi-nations.

Denty

Post by Denty » 16 Jun 2019, 10:58

Hi Mr Creak

That's very helpful indeed. Thanks very much for such a detailed and comprehensive response Will be placing my first order today.

Much appreciated.

Anthony

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » 16 Jun 2019, 11:52

If it floats yer boat ..then get on it. That's one of the great things about the hobby , most people have their own ideas , preferences , etc at the end of the day their toys meant to represent something , if they manage that ,then that should be good enough. Don't get me wrong im really into the aesthetics of the hobby ,probably a bit over the top when it comes right down to it , but I firmly believe in to each their own. Thanks for the post cheers John