Crom's Anvil Barrack block a mini review

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
CarlL

Crom's Anvil Barrack block a mini review

Post by CarlL »

Ok you may have missed the initial offer for a Crom Funder at Crom's Anvil to help him (Michael of Angel Barracks 6mm fame?!) get his latest fantasy 15mm project kick started. see https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/crom ... pre-order/
Dont worry this fantasy building has lots of historical uses, in 15mm and 20mm.

Well I put my money in and took a punt and I now have a building and I am pleassed with this product, a white resin cast, single piece, building with hollow interior to reduce weight. (See photos below in its nude state.)

The diemnsions of this model (intended for 15mm) are approximately: foot print 150mm by 70mm (apologies to those using inches); with tallest storey 75mm high and approx 40mm deep / width of upper roof; and lower roof approx 30mm deep, and 35mm off the ground.
You can shop for this barrack block at http://cromsanvil.co.uk/shop.html

To wet your appetite and to show its usefulness, here are some photos of it painted up. I simply washed it and then primed it and kept on adding layers of dry brushed paint - all acrylics - trying out different colours, to get the effect I wanted (a bit of trial and error over Sunday morning!) and I have photo'd it alongside my 20mm figures - both some smaller 20mm from Irregular (Neopolitans painted as Spanish Mainland army of c1900) and some larger 20mm from Shellhole Scenics Mexican Revolution range (painted up as Spanish for the Rif Wars, c1920), all based on 2mm mdf that are 50mm x30mm, to give you an idea of how well this building copes with larger figures.

Its worth a punt, my punt as part of the initial offer with P&P cost me £20. Others may think this a lot of cash and make their own building. Fair enough, but I will let you decide. Check with Crom's Anvil for current price post the initial deal.
CarlL
Richard B.

Re: Crom's Anvil Barrack block a mini review

Post by Richard B. »

That is very nice - good painting too :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
Seret

Post by Seret »

CarlL wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 22:54 Dont worry this fantasy building has lots of historical uses, in 15mm and 20mm.
Looks a little small for 20mm, Carl. The poor lads bunking on the upper level would have to sleep standing up, you'd never fit a bed in there!
granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 22:54 (See photos below in its nude state.)
I hope you mean the building and not you!!! :shock: But seriously, another bit of good work mate.

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Thats scary thinking Granty, nude photographer!! ;)
CarlL
granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 17:29 Thats scary thinking Granty, nude photographer!! ;)
CarlL
A nude photographer isn't scary...you being photographed nude is the scary bit!!! :shock: ...and does your Maggie know you have these 'fantasies/day dreams/ambitions' ??? :lol:

Grant
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Ssh Grant....
You want the whole world to know!
I have to cover the bathroom mirror so I dont frighten myself when I get out the shower!
CarlL not yet practising nude photography anything like Grant's suggestions!
granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 17:56 I have to cover the bathroom mirror so I don't frighten myself when I get out the shower!
You could always pose for one of Maggie's still life paintings. :lol:

Grant
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

I did do, fortunately she only painted me from neck upwards!
She is a canny painter! Just don't let her paint your model houses as she likes to use pink too much for my liking!
CarlL
granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 23:20 I did do, fortunately she only painted me from neck upwards!
The lass preserved your modesty then!! :lol:

Grant