BPM launches WWII Staghound Armoured Cars

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
CarlL

BPM launches WWII Staghound Armoured Cars

Post by CarlL »

Over on TMP (see http://theminiaturespage.com/news/?id=539410080 ) you will find an advert for WWII Staghound Armored Cars variants.
Photo below from TMP ad, where there is list of variants available and prices for scales are stated as:
"Seven Different Variants Are Available:
Staghound Mk I – Standard Staghound.
Staghound Mk II – CS version with 3" howitzer.
Staghound Mk III with Crusader turret.
Staghound Mk III with AEC turret.
Staghound Command.
Staghound AA.
T17E3 – Prototype only, fitted with turret from M8 Scott.
Prices:
6mm is £0.77 GBP
12mm is £3.10 GBP
15mm is £4.75 GBP
20mm is £8.60 GBP
28mm is £23.50 GBP"
more info can be found at https://www.butlersprintedmodels.co.uk/
CarlL
David Reasoner

Re: BPM launches WWII Staghound Armoured Cars

Post by David Reasoner »

Still not a huge fan of printed models, but the printing quality and detail resolution of BPM (and others) does seem to be getting better and better. Won't be much longer before scratchbuilding skill sets like mine become totally obsolete.

David
billk

Post by billk »

@David,

I've seen some nicely proportioned and quite detailed 3D prints, some that really tempted me, but have only seen a very few (and they are quite expensive) that don't have surface issues such as filament striations or some dimpling... so I think for the near term you are safe and your master modelling and proven casting skills will be in demand.

My two cents worth.
Bill
sandsmodels

Post by sandsmodels »

David Reasoner wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 20:57 Still not a huge fan of printed models, but the printing quality and detail resolution of BPM (and others) does seem to be getting better and better. Won't be much longer before scratchbuilding skill sets like mine become totally obsolete.

David
we could be the last of a dying breed david
i still like making masters so will never stop until i can't see what i am doing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sandsmodelshop.com
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

sandsmodels wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 13:43 we could be the last of a dying breed david
i still like making masters so will never stop until i can't see what i am doing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Likewise. I'll continue scratchbuilding for the same reason that I first started, because I'm still too broke to be able to purchase my toys like everyone else (or to afford even a cheap 3D printer). :lol:

David