something different from Shellhole

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
CarlL

something different from Shellhole

Post by CarlL »

Over on TWW Shellhole have following advert: see https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/shel ... t-release/
or see https://shellholescenics.co.uk/product/ ... cg-s307-f/

"G-V-33 7.5cm Pak40 Auf Somua MCG S307 (f) £12.50
Selbstfahrlafette fur 7.5cm PaK40 auf Somua MCG S307(f) -- a German self-propelled PaK 40 based on captured French Somua halftracks. A few of these were used by the 21st Panzer Division around Caen in Normandy in 1944."

From where this imagre has been borrowed.

Certainly something different if perhaps (from my limited knowledge) tied to Normandy campaign? I do like Shellholes resin and metal combo models.
CarlL
ianrs54

Re: something different from Shellhole

Post by ianrs54 »

Yes 21st Panzer Div I think, Normandy campaign
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG
Richard B.

Re: something different from Shellhole

Post by Richard B. »

Yes very cool :D as ian says (above) one of the Becker conversions used by 21st PD

I recently came across a white painted one of these reported as captured in the Ardennes in 1944/45!! :shock:

Now I hadn`t even known any survived after the beating the Germans took in Normandy :o :o :o But someone then posted a returns list for December `44 and 21st Panzer had a number (14 or so) listed as part of the Panzer Grenadier Regiment TO&E......

You learn something knew everyday :D

Then Ian Clunie posted images of this beauty, so I may be forced to buy one for my ad hoc late war battlegroup - as you do :D :D :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908