new Strelets sets being distributed, as noted by PSR website

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
CarlL

new Strelets sets being distributed, as noted by PSR website

Post by CarlL »

According to PSR website - see http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/News.aspx
the following sets, linked to our 'period' are being distributed to shops.
M139 - Highlanders in Attack 1899-1902
290 - French Foreign Legion Artillery
M142 - Arabs in Skirmish
245 - WWII Finnish Anti-Tank Squad in Summer Dress
246 - WWII Finnish Anti-Tank Squad in Winter Dress
247 - WWII American Anti-Tank Squad
Let us know when you spot them in shops!
CarlL
CarlL

Re: new Strelets sets being distributed, as noted by PSR website

Post by CarlL »

Re M139 above - this is only image I have found, of the masters from Strelets website where said to be in preparation! CarlL
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

The Strelets website says their French Foreign Legion artillery is still "in preparation"; its one I have noted previously, but this image (below) from their website appears to be of production figures cut free from sprues, their website says you get three (mountain) guns and 15 crew so should be useful addition to early 20th century.
CarlL
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Set M142, Arabs in skirmish poses, (another I think I highlighted previously) is also said to be still in preparation.
Here are the figures as depicted by Strelets website on and off sprues. You get 52 figures.
CarlL

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

The summer Finnish AT set is also marked as in preparation and is said to contain 4 ATG and 28 crew, here they are on sprue courtesy of Strelets website:

Looks like representations of the Bofors 37mm ATG and Sohurn ATR?
CarlL
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

The Finnish winter AT set seems to be more Sohurn ATR with a small gun(?) that I dont recognise, I will add sprue and master images from Strelets to see if others can offer an interpretation. The box says you get 4 artillery pieces per box and 28 figures, the latter include some lovely poses, and an LMG I dont recognise, but you may.
CarlL

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

The US AT squad is unusual in that its not a bazooka armed squad, but appears to be the "M20 recoilless rifle.. 75 mm caliber recoilless rifle T21E12 that was used during the last months of the Second World War and the M20 extensively during the Korean War" (wiki tells me) well see what you think from the images. the box is said to contain 4 recoilless guns and 28 crew / infantry. Looks usefull for both end of WW2 and Korean war.
CarlL

David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

CarlL wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 17:28 The Finnish winter AT set seems to be more Sohurn ATR with a small gun(?) that I dont recognise, I will add sprue and master images from Strelets to see if others can offer an interpretation. The box says you get 4 artillery pieces per box and 28 figures, the latter include some lovely poses, and an LMG I dont recognise, but you may.
CarlL
The AT rifle in both Finnish sets is not the Solothurn, but rather the Finnish 20mm Lahti L-39.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-39

I think the small AT gun is supposed to be a 20mm Madsen on AT mounting, a 20 PstK/40 in Finnish parlance.

http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/AT_GUNS1.htm

The unknown LMG looks like a cross between the Finnish Lahti-Saloranta M/26 and the Madsen M/20. With the top-mounted magazine, I'm guessing its meant to be the Madsen, an odd choice since Finland sold off most of its stock of Madsen LMGs to Estonia in 1937. I would probably trim off the top magazine and call it a Lahti-Saloranta M/26.

David
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

The French had 75mm RCL too, so with a more tropical crew could serve in Indo-China or as is in Algeria :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Thank you, David & Richard.
CarlL